RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2018, 05:20 AM   #197

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
That's cool. Now I'm jealous and seriously thinking about ripping off some interior paneling so we can sign ours during our pickup tomorrow.

I also see that our Ventanas have the elusive side service center. The pictures Newmar sent me never had a shot where I could tell.
Lets talk Jealousy, I'm signing a wall, you are picking up, rather be picking up. Good luck with PDI

Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 05:51 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Lets talk Jealousy, I'm signing a wall, you are picking up, rather be picking up. Good luck with PDI
Yea, but this labor day weekend you will be driving around in your Jeep and I'll be camping in my brand new Ventana. Oh, yea, I see what you mean...

Hitting the road to Missouri in about 60 minutes. In about six hours I'll see her for the first time. Excited!!!

Coachlight discovered it had an air leak. They brought it to the Spartan shop they work with who fixed the leak.

tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:38 AM   #199

Newmar Owners Club
Our Build

I sent this over to Boomer in a private PM, but if anyone else is taking the tour today or later this week/next - our coach should be on the line or nearing QA. I would appreciate a few pics if possible and it is not too much trouble since we are unable to make the trip. It is a CS 3710 - Coach Order Number 738176 / Production Order Number 162291.

Thanks in advance!
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #200

Newmar Owners Club
Our Build

I thought that I would post this for other Newmar "newbies" like me. Newmar really does not want you to take pictures during the tour unless maybe it is your coach. Boomer asked, but was told no. However, he pointed out that I could ask Newmar to do it for me - they often will if you contact them. He is right on the money and they are on it!

Thanks Boomer - good luck and congrats on your new coach.
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Very unfortunate that Newmar did not allow Spartan to upgrade the Dutchstar Spartan chassis to be the same but still charging the same up charge for both??????

i agree...

but it could very well be for a reason.....

the DS has been the best selling coach for several years now....they put many nice upgrades into the ventana this year....yes a lifestyle change for the DS, but the ventana got several significant upgrades....

i think they clearly want to sell more ventanas.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:51 PM   #202

Newmar Owners Club
Just to be clear, they let us take tons of pictures of our coach, even took a couple of DW and I, but the will not let you take pictures of other coaches.

Any way, Day 2 pics for those interested and after 4 tours I probably could do the entire Newmar promo tape
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1755.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	216876

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	216877

Name:	IMG_6116.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	216878

Name:	IMG_6137.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	216879
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #203
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Thats a really nice coach. Ok, to add to the thread we pick up our new VTDP 4369 on 5 November. Build starting 20 September, and we hope to watch it.

So yes, our VTDP 3725, Newbee the last of its build, is being traded in on a new coach. Our new coach dubbed Newbee2 will start a new set of adventures. I will chronicle these here for you education/entertainment.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #204

what a difference a day makes!
FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Yea, but this labor day weekend you will be driving around in your Jeep and I'll be camping in my brand new Ventana. Oh, yea, I see what you mean...

Hitting the road to Missouri in about 60 minutes. In about six hours I'll see her for the first time. Excited!!!

Coachlight discovered it had an air leak. They brought it to the Spartan shop they work with who fixed the leak.
congrats on your pickup day
FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:18 PM   #206

I'll post some pictures later or in morning. Just grabbed a bite and starting to put some stuff away, make bed, etc.

While I'm going to stay in it this weekend, I then have to leave it, as it needs to have an airbag replaced and the Spartan shop can't get to it until early next week.

Question. The 4369 had three ACs and three zones, but I'm only seeing two temp sensors on walls. Zone 1 was reading much hotter than the others, so I assume the temp sensor is some where upfront, but I can't find it. I do see something below the dash near the drivers left leg, but not sure if that's the sensor or a microphone or something.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #207

Actually as I typed that it occurred to me that zone one probably gets the temperature from the thermostat itself.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #208

Newmar Owners Club
Done Early

Just got word that my couch is in Paint. I didn't eve know it was in production yet. I was told they would send pictures when in production. I guess they forgot about me.
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:48 PM   #209

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163 View Post
Just got word that my couch is in Paint. I didn't eve know it was in production yet. I was told they would send pictures when in production. I guess they forgot about me.
That sounds like good news. Just curious when you placed an order. Was it earlier than you anticipated?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #210

Here's our new 4369. Since we went with a new paint scheme for '19 and a new interior and a king aire floor we couldn't see in person, we were pretty apprehensive about how it would all look, but are very pleased.

A few issues with the new coach. One of the air bags is leaking and needs to be replaced. The mid bath macerator toilet isn't holding water, and they are getting some parts and will fix that (and the air bag) next week.

One of the wood valances either was scuffed or not light on stain along one edge. There is a bad spot of paint on the mount for one mirror and one cargo door has a rough spot of paint at the very top.

The security light switch in the master bedroom was wired wrong, and they fixed that, but the green LED isn't working when the lights are on, so they have ordered a new switch.

Also, they had to replace a fog light that they found bad when they first inspected it. As they've had it during the days working on some things, I still haven't run through every single thing, but will finish a thorough PDI this weekend to see if there is anything else, but so far, the two biggies are the toilet and air bag.

They've also done some add ons that I wanted, like installing a cell booster. Installing an LED in the dash to indicate when my toad brakes are on. Installed my Tire Minder booster.