RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2018, 06:43 PM   #267

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Sounds great. Congratulations. The waiting begins!

FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
Sounds great. Congratulations. The waiting begins!
Congrats..

Old 09-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #269

Heard from our dealer today that the build for our New Aire starts on Oct 5th and it will go to paint on 10/10. Wow.. Its actually happening!
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUpp View Post
Heard from our dealer today that the build for our New Aire starts on Oct 5th and it will go to paint on 10/10. Wow.. Its actually happening!
Exciting. Congrats..
Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #271

Just thought I would share some details on my 360 camera not being right which I mentioned in my list of issues.

It would appear I'm one of the few Ventana's that has had a 360 camera installed and the problem is probably related to that. The way these 360 cameras work is that they install four fish eye cameras which then need an ECU/Video processor to both straighten the image, but then also stitch all the cameras together to give the image as if it was taken overhead by a drone.

The way they do this is by installing calibration strips in different places and then taking images from the cameras and feeding it into a computer that then outputs a calibration file that tells the ECU how to straighten the image and stitch all four cameras into one seemless view.

In my case, it would seem the ladder and awning arm was blocking part of the calibration strips, which isn't an issue with the Dutch Stars without the ladders and with the Girard awnings and the like.

Anyway, the vendor that makes it and Newmar are working together to tweak the calibration file, and Coachlight is working to get the equipment needed to load the calibration file once the vendor helps Newmar tweak it.

Great support from all, and hopefully I'll get a good resolution.

Here's how mine is messed up. Notice the line down the left side of the coach (this are tape lines I've installed in my garage to help guide me in, as I have only a few feet front and back, and need to get in straight and now where to stop), but on the right side, you can see how it's warped. Then, what's worse, is the lines behind the coach are angled to the left, when the actual lines are straight and the image should be straight.

You will also notice in the second image that shows both the overhead view and the view out the back, the lines look good on the rear facing camera (this is the 360 rear facing camera, not normal backup camera), but they are skewed in the overhead shot. This was the first indication to me that it wasn't a "camera" problem, but instead a calibration issue, which has now been confirmed.

The third image I included just to show you would the fish eye view looks like before the calibration does it's thing. That's the right side 360 camera.

I'm sharing these mostly so that if anyone else has similar bad results on a 360 cam they will know to reach out to get them resolved.

tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #272

I was hoping that my new coach was going to arrive today on the projected date I was giving by Newmar. Went to paint on September 6 but I guess we have some more waiting to do. Midway is very close to the factory so the delivery should not be delayed by that I hope.
Thanks, Daryl
Old 09-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #273

I just realized that my Ventana doesn't have fans up front for driver/passenger. Did they just stop this in '19 or did Ventana never have it?

Also, they mention dash overhead ventilation system. What is that?
Old 09-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #274

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I just realized that my Ventana doesn't have fans up front for driver/passenger. Did they just stop this in '19 or did Ventana never have it?

Also, they mention dash overhead ventilation system. What is that?

On the DS you donít see the fans, they are in a cabinet and ducted

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:24 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
On the DS you donít see the fans, they are in a cabinet and ducted
Dash switch to operate?

I'm taking it out tomorrow to fuel up and go to a CAT scale, I have to try and remember to look, since driver/passenger overhead ventilation is listed as a standard feature.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:20 AM   #276

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Dash switch to operate?

I'm taking it out tomorrow to fuel up and go to a CAT scale, I have to try and remember to look, since driver/passenger overhead ventilation is listed as a standard feature.

Yes there is a dash switch, vents are behind front overhead cabinets facing down towards windshield and dash.

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote