Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #1

2019 Deliveries Thread

I figure now's as good a time as any to start this.

My order is signed off, now it's just the long wait.

2019 Ventana 4369
  • Spartan Chassis
  • All Electric
  • Lagoon Exterior
  • Winwood Interior
  • Newport Glazed Maple
  • Rollaway top dinette
  • corner TV/fireplace

Specials
  • Various extra 110/USB (next to televator, rear wardrobe, kitchen side of couch, inside front overhead cabinet -- no front TV ordered)
  • GE Advantium ILO of microwave
  • 2 x Duel USB under TV in bedroom (will be where phones, watches, pads, etc. are charged at night)
  • 12v & dual USB to left of steering wheel
  • 12v & dual USB next to passenger seat
  • NADP Kitchen Sink
  • LED Light to come on when pantry doors open
  • Outside security light on drivers side
  • Extra LED light behind microwave/under cabinet
  • 110v in power reel compartment
  • 110v in 3rd compartment on door side
  • Run Cat6 from Dinette to A/V cabinet
  • Run Cat6 from front A/V cabinet to bedroom A/V cabinet
  • Omniview NS 360
  • Three adjustable shelves in each bedroom wardrobe
  • KG19-130 tile in KGDB pattern (dark grey tile)
  • 110v outlets in cabinets over bed (one on each side)
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #2

Nice options, when do you expect to take delivery? Welcome to Newmar
Old 05-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
Nice options, when do you expect to take delivery? Welcome to Newmar
I really wanted a docking light. It was approved on an '18 specials list, but not denied on '19 and they said they were no longer adding things to the rear cap.

Unknown on delivery. I just was able to sign off the order yesterday, because there were a couple things wrong on the previous build order (both a change on our part and misunderstanding on one of the outlet locations).

Hopefully I'll know shortly what run it's in and a projected date. I had been working with the dealer since January, and had an order (based on '18 options) that was submitted at the dealer meeting, but with the huge influx of orders they received, we weren't able to start finalizing the build order until the end of last week, and finally signed off yesterday. So, I have no idea how many signed off orders they have from other dealers already in front of me.

I'm also not sure how Newmar treats retail sold vs. orders for lots. I know some manufacturers give precedence to retail sold, but for all I know, Newmar could be focused on getting units on lots for people to see.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #4

To place an order do you have to have all your specials or just the options and a deposit and a TBD on the specials?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
From what I understand Newmar sold out at the show, if this is the case, they are all dealer units, that like yourself will take over and customize. The dealers have the ability to move the order of the orders around in some cases.
Congratulations, the waiting sucks.
I think you are benefiting on the 19 Ventana, as several big improvements have been made.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
To place an order do you have to have all your specials or just the options and a deposit and a TBD on the specials?
They won't schedule a unit for production until the specials are signed of on. You can probably put a deposit down with a dealer to acquire one of their slots (as Stuart mentions, 100% of '19 production was sold to dealers at show).
Old 05-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
From what I understand Newmar sold out at the show, if this is the case, they are all dealer units, that like yourself will take over and customize. The dealers have the ability to move the order of the orders around in some cases.
Congratulations, the waiting sucks.
I think you are benefiting on the 19 Ventana, as several big improvements have been made.
Correct. In my case, the order was actually submitted with my name on it and associated with a special order I had already started working on with based on '18s, indicating to Newmar that it was a retail sold unit. I started working with the dealer on this order in January, shortly after I decided to wait for the '19 and had committed to the 4369 before the show so that my order was one of the slots the dealer ordered.

I'm happy with a handful of the '19 changes, like multiplex lighting, so waiting for the '19 looks like it will work out well.

I'm being told shipment from factory in mid August.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations tendator welcome to the Newmar family.
No owners guide yet for 2019 but I can give you a 2018 and there are plenty of links below in my signature and important stickies above to pass your time waiting.
Good luck with your 2019 and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4189939]Congratulations tendator welcome to the Newmar family.
No owners guide yet for 2019 but I can give you [B][URL="https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/2018VTDPOG.pdf
a 2018[/URL][/B] and there are plenty of links below in my signature and important stickies above to pass your time waiting.
Good luck with your 2019 and safe travels.
Thanks. I found the 2017 last night and was looking through it, but the '18 will be even closer.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Has anyone priced a 2019 yet? Dealers don't seem very willing to discount this year. Looks like they're going to squeeze the golden goose.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Has anyone priced a 2019 yet? Dealers don't seem very willing to discount this year. Looks like they're going to squeeze the golden goose.
Might depend on the dealer. I had already worked out pricing ahead of time, which would include the increase that Newmar put on the new coach.

It's very possible that with all the order slots taken at the dealers meeting, some might be less likely to deal. Hard to say, but I would definitely reach out to multiple dealers.

I wanted to work with a local(ish) dealer, so for me the choices were Crain, Southhaven and Coachlight, with coachlight being the farthest away at a little over 4 hours. Not only did they come in with the best price with no haggling, but they have a great reputation on here (price and service) and I got a very good feeling when I visited with them and they described how they did PDI, etc.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
They won't schedule a unit for production until the specials are signed of on. You can probably put a deposit down with a dealer to acquire one of their slots (as Stuart mentions, 100% of '19 production was sold to dealers at show).
It is my understanding that the 2019 production will not even begin until after the summer break. isn't 100% of the production always sold to dealers?

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
It is my understanding that the 2019 production will not even begin until after the summer break. isn't 100% of the production always sold to dealers?
Sold through dealers, yes. However, take 2018, as late as the first half of January, they still had production slots available. I could have ordered an '18 in January that would have been produced in June. These were manufacturing slots that no dealer had purchased yet.

What's different this year is that during the dealer's meeting last month, the dealers in attendance placed enough orders over the three days to buy 100% of the 2019 production. Some dealers had their orders trimmed back. It was reported on here that a dealer tried to order 100 Dutch Stars and their order was cut to 45 (if I remember correctly).

So, it's still possible to order a coach the way you want it, but it will be getting with a dealer that has a manufacturing slot and then them modifying their order to exactly what you want.

The biggest impact will be on dealers that didn't place enough orders at the dealers meeting, because unless something changes, they aren't going to have the option to place more orders (they can modify the ones they placed that haven't been manufactured yet) for the rest of the '19 model year.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There are small arrows bottom of page to get you into the 2018 - 2019 years.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote