Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
I think we will. I was told that Midway had five slots in that run. I'm waiting on the paint mock up.
4B77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgfox54 View Post
I think we will. I was told that Midway had five slots in that run. I'm waiting on the paint mock up.
I received mine wednesday, along with a coach number.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #45

Wow! Looks great!

Ma
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:15 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey, Ma Snart -- are you still using your beautiful '13 Dutch Star 43?

Where has it been lately?

How is retirement treating you?

Sure miss and think fondly of our original Hoots get togethers. It's now six years later! Too many of our original group are now gone or out of motor homing. What a grand time we had.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:48 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I often wonder how all the original HOOT's are making out, as I age I see many friends gone or fell silent on the forum, its refreshing seeing some of you posting again, keep it going.
Hope all the others are in good health and still enjoying the lifestyle.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The Original Hoots

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
I often wonder how all the original HOOT's are making out, as I age I see many friends gone or fell silent on the forum, its refreshing seeing some of you posting again, keep it going.
Me too -- and I am the founding Hoot!

The original group was one of a kind.

We came together in Tennessee for our first rally in 2013 not knowing much about each other other than our screen names from iRV2 -- we didn't even know real names at that point!

But right from the beginning moment of our arrival in Sevierville, we bonded like a band of brothers (and sisters) -- and we had one fabulous run. Exchanging ideas, coming to great spontaneous ideas at the rally like "Tour of the Coaches", stopping over at each others' coaches to sit and talk -- often till the wee hours of the morning under the stars -- sharing food and drinks and recipes and good humor, no one being charged for anything having to do with the rally except our site charges, everyone pitching in and helping each other, everyone saying -- again and again and again -- how much fun we were having -- and what a special group we had somehow stumbled into and managed to put together from our iRV2 discussions.

Our original Hoots group grew right from the start. We got onto Newmar's radar with our reputation -- and coach buying and modification and design ideas -- and many of us have developed long lasting relationships with Newmar that would never have happened otherwise. We all started when Michelle Howard was starting her sales and design work and Kyle McCreary had not long before returned to Newmar from Fleetwood and was at the helm with his outstanding new design ideas to push Newmar into the 21st century -- and we all grew together.

On iRV2, 007, our steady and supportive Newmar Owners' Group moderator, has been with us all the way. He looked over our shoulders as we continued to exchange ideas on our Forum, posted notices of our rallies and get togethers and updated iRV2 members on our coach ideas and modifications. 007 made sure that we got stickies on our most important postings and he constantly kept us out of trouble with the Forum Police when, in our enthusiasm, we went off topic or posted something that didn't exactly 'meet the rules'. I had long since arrived at the place that my lawyerly 'follow-the-rule' instincts were relegated to the back seat in my effort to just have fun, so I greatly appreciated 007 keeping us on the straight and narrow without either blame or shame.

What an outstanding and memorable time we had in those early Hoots days! What an exciting time to own a Newmar product and be involved with others who prized and loved this stuff as much as we did. We hold memories of that exciting time that all of us who were there will carry forward wherever we go, no question about it.

I have done plenty of other fun things in my life -- cars, motorcycles, travel, wine education, golf, boating -- but I have to say -- and I don't hesitate in saying it -- that I have never met friendlier, more helpful and more fun folks than the ones I have met in my motorhome adventures. Of all of the people I have met, the original Hoots group was the best -- and I have heard many of the original group say the same. I have no idea how long my motorhome days will continue, but because of the all-in fun and camaraderie I experienced with the Hoots, I find myself fully interested in keeping it going for the foreseeable future.

In our life, all things change -- that seems to be the constant we know each day we wake. So our Hoots group did change along with the rest. Original members have moved on -- we have lost some by transition to other things and leaving the motor coach lifestyle behind, we have lost others by death and divorce. But it is gratifying to see that the Hoots idea continues -- now in its sixth year of rally doing.

New folks have come to the dance and new ideas have taken over. I, for one, am very glad to see it. My original idea (along with my constantly supportive and faithful pal, FLSteve) has blossomed to the next generation of Newmar aficionados and I am proud and gratified to see it going forward and growing -- even if it is different than it was when it began. That the envelope continues to be pushed by new Hoots is my highest hope.

I know my sentiments are echoed by all of the first gen Hoots like Ma Snart, Redbird1, Mo Blue, FLSteve, Redbaron73, MnBob, JohnT., PDRJohn, Dr.Donny, Dpeters and all the rest.

So I tip my hat to you, 007, for mentioning this and reminding us of our fun past with Hoots and I applaud all past, present and future Hoots members -- what a grand time we all have with our fabulous Newmar products.

Cheers --

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well said Deek. I fully agree, the bonds and relationships formed here are amazing. I am forever grateful for all the knowledge I have received from fellow hoots and others on IRV2.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:13 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Today was the 1st day of building 7 for my coach. It is official, my new 2019 Dutch Star is being built. I have a few pictures, but nothing really special, so I am only going to post the one that shows a very unique option we apparently have.

You will see that they are relocating the mid toilet to directly behind the drivers seat. This will make things much easier when driving a long haul!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	608077 (5).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	212469  
Old 07-26-2018, 02:28 AM   #51

Maybe you can use that for a drivers seat and make it even more convenient............
Old 07-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Today was the 1st day of building 7 for my coach. It is official, my new 2019 Dutch Star is being built. I have a few pictures, but nothing really special, so I am only going to post the one that shows a very unique option we apparently have.

You will see that they are relocating the mid toilet to directly behind the drivers seat. This will make things much easier when driving a long haul!!
Too funny! We're finalizing our 4369 build right now. Very exciting for you! All the best.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Man, I wish I would have asked for that too
Old 07-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Man, I wish I would have asked for that too
When do you go to the factory to see our coaches in person? You might get a better shot of my up front 1/2 toilet room
Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
When do you go to the factory to see our coaches in person? You might get a better shot of my up front 1/2 toilet room

I've got a call in to Chad to determine if I'm on the line with you. He previously said we wouldn't be there until next week that the 31st and 1st would be the best days to view. If we find out early enough tomorrow we'll head up there. Hope we didn't get bad info. We want to see them going down the line
Old 07-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I've got a call in to Chad to determine if I'm on the line with you. He previously said we wouldn't be there until next week that the 31st and 1st would be the best days to view. If we find out early enough tomorrow we'll head up there. Hope we didn't get bad info. We want to see them going down the line
Mine comes offline tomorrow heading to paint. My fpu is Oct. 1