RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

2019 Inventory

Rv trader reveals the below new model availability. Is it realistic that dealers can unload most of these remaining units prior to the arrival of the 2020s?

269 Dutch Stars
195 Ventana
97 Ventana LE
87 New Aire

These numbers should equate to substantial discounts. Hopefully not ominpus signs of an industry slow down.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW-RV sales in Canada since 1\1\19 are off 53%. RV sales USA are off about 11% same time frame. For histories sake, sales started to go down in 2005, the crash happened in 2008, based on that 3 year window. Some Financial Guru's are saying 30% of all auto loans currently are underwater, and some of the big banks are ratcheting up their cash positions as Credit Card defaults are increasing.

Believe personally, I would also check 2018 New Inventory, bet some of that is still around too. Once 2020's are out, 18/19 will take a considerable hit in price. If downturn is approaching, some dealers will sell below costs to clear inventory, and get square with float from bank, may be required to clear inventory to get clear with bank.

If you are thinking of purchase, iron out what you want coach to have on it now, what you are willing to fudge on, and go shopping, take time, negotiate hard, and I would wager you can get a great deal on new one to your liking. Do your homework first, length, model, options, etc., then look at dealer inventory on line, on interested ones, you then can call. New ones (2020) are not supposed to be out till Aug, but some dealers already have them from the big Show in Tampa earlier this year.

I would be interested in what you find and how you approach this. Now you have my curiosity up. Found 3 of which 2 were sold. Did not look deep.

Here is one:
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...407-5000785433

Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think they will sell them out. There only 5 Dutch Stars, 4 Ventanas, 2 Ventana LE's and 1.5 New Aires left per state. Think about that, if you're RV Trader numbers are correct, I think many will have to wait until the 2020's come out to get a coach. If someone wants a New Aire, there is only one left in their state.

There's no need for the dealers to mark down the coaches. They may even mark them up if they have the only available inventory. They can sit on 25% - 28% off all day long, which is the typical mark down.

When the 2020's come out, they don't arrive all at once. They're scheduled and bought by the dealers for delivery throughout the year. So there will still be a demand.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I think they will sell them out. There only 5 Dutch Stars, 4 Ventanas, 2 Ventana LE's and 1.5 New Aires left per state. Think about that, if you're RV Trader numbers are correct, I think many will have to wait until the 2020's come out to get a coach. If someone wants a New Aire, there is only one left in their state.

There's no need for the dealers to mark down the coaches. They may even mark them up if they have the only available inventory. They can sit on 25% - 28% off all day long, which is the typical mark down.

When the 2020's come out, they don't arrive all at once. They're scheduled and bought by the dealers for delivery throughout the year. So there will still be a demand.
I like DSDon's analysis. Thus far, the economy remains reasonably strong despite the ups and downs of the stock market. And, as DSD points out, it is not like the entire 2020 inventory gets dropped into the marketplace at one time.

I do think there may be a little bit more negotiating room on the '19s because Newmar will provide some dealer incentive money for a while. That doesn't mean there will be huge additional discounts, but maybe 3-5% more until fall.

TJ
Old 06-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #5

The baby boomers are in full retirement mode. New sales will continue and those that prefer a gently used coach will find a great selection too. The buyer who has to float a large loan will be the most reluctant to purchase.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-report.30967/

According to this YTD sales are down compared to last year. Is this true in RV industry, people who follow that say yes.
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #7

Exclamation 2019 Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
The baby boomers are in full retirement mode. New sales will continue and those that prefer a gently used coach will find a great selection too. The buyer who has to float a large loan will be the most reluctant to purchase.
FWIW, SSI just released the following, Class A motorhome sales were down 13.4% through April...... Hopefully the responders are correct, that demand will meet or exceed supply.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #8

2019 Inventory

Demand is cyclical and we are definitely on the downside of this cycle. However, dealers have scaled back orders drastically from last year when Newmar oversold production for the year at the yearly dealer meeting but coaches are still being sold and dealers are making moves to adjust their inventory to the lower but still substantial demand. The deals will be better as factory incentives kick in and overloaded dealers want to move coaches. But all of that has to be balanced against buying a year old coach that has already incurred first year depreciation and does not have the added features of a new model. Cheaper may not always equate to a better deal in the long term. All JMHO
Old 06-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
According to my Canadian friends, buying a new RV now doesn't make sense with the current exchange rate. I am sure that has an impact on sales to some degree.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonk64 View Post
According to my Canadian friends, buying a new RV now doesn't make sense with the current exchange rate. I am sure that has an impact on sales to some degree.
As a Canadian who just took delivery. Who knows when the exchange rate will get closer to par? 2 years? 5 years? Never?

Buy what you can and try to match that with what you want.

Who knows how many years I or you have left.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
What dealer did you use to purchase your motorhome? We are from Ottawa and are looking at ordering a 2020 New Aire 35. Our experience so far with both Ontario and Quebec dealers is that they come nowhere near the discounts rates offered in the states.

jacques is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent