RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 140
2019 kitchen slide not working!!

Came in for a few weeks before we leave again, parked the rig in the pole barn with 50 amp service and decided to put the kitchen slide out. Well it moves about 2 inches then stops, will come back in but will not move more than 2 inches out. Called Newmar and they told me to try and rebut the slide by going thru a disconnect from the 12 volt system. Well it didn't work and they told me the only other option was to take the MH to a dealer for service. Have any of you had this problem and can you offer any advice?
__________________

__________________
Bill and Alice
2000 Winnebago (sold); 2005 Tiffin Phaeton(sold)
2008 Phaeton (sold) ; 2017 Newmar 4037; 2019 Dutch Star 4369(last one)
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
GaryKD's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 13,159
Hi taratiffin,
Have not had your problem. Consider trying a different controller card. Swap with another slide.
__________________

__________________
Gary
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
ARD
Senior Member
 
ARD's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
Came in for a few weeks before we leave again, parked the rig in the pole barn with 50 amp service and decided to put the kitchen slide out. Well it moves about 2 inches then stops, will come back in but will not move more than 2 inches out. Called Newmar and they told me to try and rebut the slide by going thru a disconnect from the 12 volt system. Well it didn't work and they told me the only other option was to take the MH to a dealer for service. Have any of you had this problem and can you offer any advice?


When you attempted to reboot the system, did you do it by turning off the chassis battery in the rear, passenger side bay?
__________________
Renee (and Alfie & Sophie, Coton du Tulears)
2018 DSDP 4369
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,546
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARD View Post
When you attempted to reboot the system, did you do it by turning off the chassis battery in the rear, passenger side bay?
X2...do this after you use the disconnect by door.

After you turn off the one back at the chassis battery, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Finally turn the house battery back on and try the slides.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 140
Newmar had me first unplug from shore power, then turn off the inverter, then turn off the 12 volt disconnect by the door and wait 1 min. Then turn everything back on and try the slide. This didn't fix the problem. Will try something else since DW and I are booked into Buckhorn in a few weeks. Thanks
__________________
Bill and Alice
2000 Winnebago (sold); 2005 Tiffin Phaeton(sold)
2008 Phaeton (sold) ; 2017 Newmar 4037; 2019 Dutch Star 4369(last one)
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,546
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
Newmar had me first unplug from shore power, then turn off the inverter, then turn off the 12 volt disconnect by the door and wait 1 min. Then turn everything back on and try the slide. This didn't fix the problem. Will try something else since DW and I are booked into Buckhorn in a few weeks. Thanks
The chassis disconnect step was missing, and is a required step for a full reboot.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 140
Went back today and tried the reboot with the chassis battery included this time. Still no luck. Guess I will wait till my Nappnee appointment the end f May.
__________________
Bill and Alice
2000 Winnebago (sold); 2005 Tiffin Phaeton(sold)
2008 Phaeton (sold) ; 2017 Newmar 4037; 2019 Dutch Star 4369(last one)
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,546
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
Went back today and tried the reboot with the chassis battery included this time. Still no luck. Guess I will wait till my Nappnee appointment the end f May.
Sorry, I was really hoping that would do it for you.
__________________

__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slide not working / motor is working chrisc8869 5th Wheel Discussion 5 08-15-2015 06:24 PM
kitchen fan not working NMBeemercouple Monaco Owner's Forum 4 02-20-2013 04:58 PM
eight kitchen lights not working SailHo Monaco Owner's Forum 2 06-09-2012 08:24 AM
Speakers not working in the kitchen??? Ultrastryk Newmar Owner's Forum 9 03-30-2007 08:09 AM
HWH Jacks working, not working and working again? Bob&Pat Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 6 06-08-2006 04:22 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.