RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
jrs

2020 DS 4328 Build Sheet

Changes made to the 2020 DS may be gained online. Steinbring is where I obtained the updates with some pictures. Big $6,020 upcharge for the Spartan this year.

RV - 2020 Dutch Star 4328 Build Sheet.pdf

jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
jrs

Thinking of getting a DS 4328 factory pick up this early fall. Made the switch to this floorplan from a 4369 while at the Hershey show last Sept. Do any 4328 owners have any regrets to getting this floorplan? Any comments welcome.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #3

As a 18 LA owner with the Spartan chassis now and the 2 previous coaches ( Essex and another LA) we can't tell you how pleased with are with their chassis, service, and customer service. We have driven to Alaska and have visited 49 of the 50 states and a lot of Canada with our Newmar's and their Spartan chassis. Remember the King Aire only comes on a Spartan chassis. Starting in 2019 and today you do get a 5 year 75K mile warranty which is better then the other chassis builders 3 years and 50K mile warranty. Most of us have gotten a good discount of 25% or more and that brings the price down. There is a reason why USA Spartan chassis are more and will cost a little more but for us it's worth it.
Do get heated floors even us Calif. love them
Newmar Mqn
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
jrs

Thanks for the comments Tom and for sure going with floor heating.

Been following and enjoyed (guess I'm sick... lol) the FL vs Spartan debate for years and I think it's like the Ford vs Chevy debates. Made sure to pick the brains of the Spartan and FL Reps at the Hershey show displays the past few years. Spoken to current FL users at the Hershey shows (few had Newmar rigs) and there are numerous others like Neal on this forum who like FL. Personally, I can't justify last years $3.5K price difference. With $6K I could get the FL extended warranty and pay for a good portion of a nice solar setup if we end up liking to boondock (we're going to get the solar prep).

Another cost I'm debating is the $2.4K Xite Dash Radio/Rand McNally Navigation charge. Currently thinking buying a nice 8-10 inch tablet and going with the Sygic Caravan App (uses same HERE maps as Garmin, can set the RV height/weight, etc ) for my GPS needs. Not sure yet how to attach the tablet to the DS dash yet. Lot's of good reviews by truckers who utilize their Truck App.

It's going to be an interesting year selling the stick/bricks, buying the DS and going full timing this fall!