RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2020 DSDP Freightliner Digitial Dash Issues

Our 2020 DSDP XCR Chassis Digital Dash Tire Pressure Monitor is displaying over pressure and over temperature readings, has tag tire at dual tire location and no Rt. side dual tire readings. Warnings come and go while driving. Have seen rear tire temperatures at 405 degrees.

DTE Distance to Empty has been pre-set based on 4.3MPG, so topping off our 100 gallon tank shows 430 miles distance to empty rather than the distance based on our average MPG which it is calculating between 6.5 & 7.5MPG. Also miles don't drop down one by one, but hang for 30-50 miles and then drop all at once.

Anyone experiencing these issues?

Thanks, Doug and Sherrie

dfjslj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 09:44 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Call the freightliner 24/7 number and ask them what needs to be corrected. Suspect something in the dash configuration is not set correctly, they may be able to walk you through the reset over the phone.

Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #3

My mpg readings started out not dropping for quite a few miles and then just gradually went down or up(depending on terrain, wind etc, changing actual mileage) but the last travel day started jumping in chunks as you describe. However my TPMS is working and matching my screw on system that I transferred from my previous mh. Mine is a 2020 New Aire so I donít have the tag to confuse it.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Freightliner's Response to Digital Dash Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
Call the freightliner 24/7 number and ask them what needs to be corrected. Suspect something in the dash configuration is not set correctly, they may be able to walk you through the reset over the phone.

Thanks, I have contacted Freightliner and they sent me two screen shots with notes which I will attempt to attach here. Try running the "Distance to Empty" with a 100 gas tank and see if you get 23.26 miles to empty after topping-off a 100 gallon tank.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CUsersLLESLIEDesktopFuel 1.pdf (70.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf CUsersLLESLIEDesktopFuel2.pdf (64.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Freightliner sent these screen shots to explain Distance to Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
My mpg readings started out not dropping for quite a few miles and then just gradually went down or up(depending on terrain, wind etc, changing actual mileage) but the last travel day started jumping in chunks as you describe. However my TPMS is working and matching my screw on system that I transferred from my previous mh. Mine is a 2020 New Aire so I donít have the tag to confuse it.

Thanks Ann, Do you have a 100 gallon tank and have you topped it off and then looked at your distance to empty reading? I am displayed 430 miles rather than ~670 miles based on my average MPG. Here is what Freightliner sent me:

Thanks, I have contacted Freightliner and they sent me two screen shots with notes which I will attempt to attach here. Try running the "Distance to Empty" with a 100 gas tank and see if you get 23.26 miles to empty after topping-off a 100 gallon tank. Attached Files CUsersLLESLIEDesktopFuel 1.pdf (70.8 KB, 0 views) CUsersLLESLIEDesktopFuel2.pdf (64.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #6

No, we have a New Aire and it has a 95 gallon tank that awards reads 387 when full, which would be 90 gallons.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:07 AM   #7

Actually I have a 90 gallon tank which would be 4.3! You would think that they would have tied it to your overall average on your coach, a simple software adjustment.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2020 DSDP Freightliiner Digital Dash Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Actually I have a 90 gallon tank which would be 4.3! You would think that they would have tied it to your overall average on your coach, a simple software adjustment.

Ann n Gene,
Sounds like we have the same miss-programing and there may be many more of us who want this fixed by determining our distance to empty based on our average MPG. If Freightliner can't use the average MPG that they are calculating with the red arrow on the fuel economy screen then at least they need to change the 4.3MPG to something closer to our average MPG. In my case that would be 6.7MPG.

About a month ago Newmar conference called us with Alex at Freightliner and he agreed that the mileage should increment down mile by mile and we were given an authorization to have this done. He said that they were using 4.3MPG so we wouldn't run out of diesel.

In testing I received the low fuel warning at about 60 miles to empty. I then topped-off the tank with 81 gallons which meant that there was a fuel reserve of ~ 19 gallons or with my MPG I had about 127 miles to empty. 127 miles seems like a reasonable fuel reserve, so I don't know why they are using a MPG so low when 18 wheelers are getting 7-8MPG these days.

If you agree with me that this needs to be re-programmed would you ask Newmar to make this repair as I have done. The more of us the better.
Thanks You,
Doug and Sherrie
Old 10-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #9

Sure Doug, done!

Tags
dash, freightliner