Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #1

2020 Dutch Star 4326 Build Thread :: Input Needed

Well, we just sold our 2018 DS 4326, and are strongly considering building an 2020. We ended up putting 16k miles on it in the time we owned her and spent about 9 months in it traveling the country. Its crazy how time flies and how much the industry has changed in the short amount of time since we ordered and took delivery of our 2018 last July. Having gone through the process once already, we certainly know what we will want in the build and what we won't even consider doing again.

I would love hear some input on the current technology options as well as if anyone has had any custom work done regarding the furniture. I know the 2020 DS does not offer the expandable dinette options like on the luxury lines, but we cannot stand the folding chairs and are hoping someone has opted for a better setup. Also, we found the love seat completely useless for our needs and need a desk of some sort as a replacement. We are ok with going the custom route so if you have any contacts or resources, I would be forever grateful!

While we will have our personal upgrades on the finishes (tile, countertops, leather, etc) I would love to hear about some other special requests you have in your coach!!

We absolutely loved our 2018 and are looking forward to building another with the help of the IRV2 brain trust!!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As a fellow 4326 owner, I would be interested in what you would change on your new coach?
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
As a fellow 4326 owner, I would be interested in what you would change on your new coach?
We did the euro couch and didn’t like it. Wasn’t functional for us. We also want to see if we can eliminate the euro booth and upgrade to the expandable dinette booths or even do the king Aire u-shaped dinette. With 3 kids doing home school we hate the folding chairs. I will eliminate the chrome trim package. That can be added at any time and buying from the vendor is significantly cheaper. I won’t install any satellite dish equipment as we don’t use it but I will have it prepped for it.

I won’t be doing spartan again (great customer service, but good shops were very hard to find) and the added cost for ‘19/‘20 isn’t worth it IMO.

I will most likely do the upgraded tech package 360 cams etc. Not sure if the front collision and adaptive cruise control package will be worth it or not. Looking for input there.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
kpecks ... a few questions

Would you vent the microwave to the outside again?
What means of advertisement did you use to sell your 2018 coach?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
kpecks ... a few questions

Would you vent the microwave to the outside again?
What means of advertisement did you use to sell your 2018 coach?

FLSteve
The outside vent worked well and wasn’t expensive so yes. Most likely we’ll do that again. Had an initial issue w the flap making noise but I got it resolved in the first service appointment.

I used RVTrader.com and did all the marketing myself but I have extensive experience in sales and marketing. I had approximately 14 leads in two weeks. Four were ready to make a purchase. First one to make a deposit bought the coach and will be picking it up at the factory in two weeks.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #6

Here'a a link to all of my 2020 4326 specials, approved and denied.
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0...-2020VTDP4326_
Old 07-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
Super helpful. You did a lot of the same requests we had in our 2018 DS. Some of the things you requested do come standard on the 2020 DS but I really liked that they did the cabinets instead of the love seat!!
Old 07-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Super helpful. You did a lot of the same requests we had in our 2018 DS. Some of the things you requested do come standard on the 2020 DS but I really liked that they did the cabinets instead of the love seat!!
I will say I had to be very insistent on the cabinets.

It was originally denied and I asked Michelle to find out the actual reason it was denied. Once we knew their internal policy about seatbelts it was a matter of figuring out how to play with the furniture options and still meet the 1:1 requirement. Luckily Theater Seating was a new 2020 option and was the key to resolving the issue, otherwise we would have been able to get it.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #9

Out of curiosity why did you get rid of your 18 if you liked it so much? Barely used and certainly a current model. Why mess with a good thing?
Old 07-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Out of curiosity why did you get rid of your 18 if you liked it so much? Barely used and certainly a current model. Why mess with a good thing?
Good question. It was our first new coach and we learned A LOT about what works and what doesn’t for us. We did a round the USA trip w our three kids the last year so it got plenty of use. We put 16k miles on it since last July and we knew we wouldn’t be able to use it until early next year again. It was part of our original plan to begin with to us it for 12-18 months and sell it.

With all the new features of the DS and the other lines, it really is amazing how much has changed, mostly for the good, some things, not so good.

We will be changing and adding a few things others have suggested on other threads. Our plan is to order in aug for a Jan delivery and keep it at least for 16-18mo and sell it again summer of 2021, all things economic and political being even.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #11

[Mod Edit]

I need to go see a 2020 and see what updates they’ve done and what id want to do custom. It’s too bad I didn’t have time to sit with newmars design team while we were there last week!
Old 07-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Mapnerd
Why 2 110 outlets under the king bed?
We are only ordering 1.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #13

Original plan was to reframe the interior of the under bed storage and drop in a lift-top coffee table desk and use the back bedroom as my office during the day. Probably wont end up doing it but didnt want to remove the special in case I change my mind. Figure I can still use it for keeping things charged while they’re in storage as well. I’d certainly rather have too many than few
Old 07-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:

@mapnerd I was wondering on this list what the cost for your approved special number 1 came out as. I finally got the wife in a Newmar last week and in discussing the specials she would want this was one of them and I finally found this post and could show her as this was what she had discussed. You can PM me if you want.

Eric
wrlwnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020, build, custom, dutch star, input