Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #43

I've been told by a few MA and LA (and above?) owners that the drains in the area that they hide the windshield wipers in the front cap can clog with stuff and be a problem. I see that the new 2020 still have that front cap. Wonder if they fixed the problem?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
As I'm getting into woodworking this may be something I may make on my own (ha, we'll see how that pans out). The problem with a computer other than a laptop on the desk in the jack-knife sofa area is it blocks the TV. My engineering vision would be a televator for the computer so it lowers into the desk. It would be a box like compartment so when it's full down the desk is flat across the surface, no holes to drop things into. Then the monitor "box" raises up for use, similar to the televator concept but for a computer.
Are you using a "non-laptop" PC and monitor?

If so, do you want to raise the monitor or the entire PC/monitor
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
As I'm getting into woodworking this may be something I may make on my own (ha, we'll see how that pans out). The problem with a computer other than a laptop on the desk in the jack-knife sofa area is it blocks the TV. My engineering vision would be a televator for the computer so it lowers into the desk. It would be a box like compartment so when it's full down the desk is flat across the surface, no holes to drop things into. Then the monitor "box" raises up for use, similar to the televator concept but for a computer.
I probably wouldn’t want to deal with a custom televator, erm...compuvator? Instead, if I wanted a pop up monitor which seems to be what you’re after, I’d probably pick up one or two of these spiffy Samsung Space Monitors cut out the countertop and create a hidden recess. Then I’d tuck those monitors into the recess and attach the countertop to the back of the monitors so that then I folded them down, voila, flat, flush desktop. Televator seems like an unneccesary complication to me, though I’ll be the first to admit they sure are cool.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentILRVer View Post
Anybody have any pricing info on the Dutch Star? Approx percentage increase over last year etc. I am also anxiously waiting to know what the adaptive cruise package will cost.
i heard rumors of in the 5% range...
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The other option is use the TV as the monitor
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #48

Think you’d need to increase your hsa contributions shortly thereafter to cover your forthcoming lasik. Wonder if you could get another televator from Newmar and have them put it in front of or behind the TV depending on your preference. Still wouldn’t be perfectly flush though. Idk why newmar doesn’t make the countertop flush on that televator. Probably worried about height calibration and such.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
i heard rumors of in the 5% range...

Just got word the cost is $5,495. A little less than I was expecting. I agree with some of the comments regarding the usefulness of adaptive cruise. I know at times it’s a pain in our cars, I can only imagine how it could be bothersome in a coach. I’m going to wait to decide until I know more about the collision mitigation system and what all is included/involved in that system.

Our appointment is set for April 22 with Michelle at the factory. The family is excited! Lots of fun changes.
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
Think you’d need to increase your hsa contributions shortly thereafter to cover your forthcoming lasik. Wonder if you could get another televator from Newmar and have them put it in front of or behind the TV depending on your preference. Still wouldn’t be perfectly flush though. Idk why newmar doesn’t make the countertop flush on that televator. Probably worried about height calibration and such.
I think that's how the limit switch works is the impact detection.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
It looks like the pictures on Steinbring's site are of the dealer show set up??

Does anybody know when and where it is this year?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
It looks like the pictures on Steinbring's site are of the dealer show set up??

Does anybody know when and where it is this year?

FLSteve
Close by...Kissimmee, FL

https://www.rvbusiness.com/blog/newm...n-florida.html
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Still no central control system?

Hi all,

After having my 2014 Allegro Bus 45LP for 5 years, I have been looking at both Entegra and Newmar for a replacement. I have to say that I like many of the changes Newmar has announced for the 2020 models, yet I am just amazed by what they still lack. I was really hoping that the 2020 DS and VT would finally bring a central computer control system. If it had, I was buying a new 2020 DS.

Now, I am not so sure. I find it very hard to believe that the 2020 Newmar Dutch Star and Ventana still do not have any central control systems. All the Tiffin diesels have it, and now, Entegra has added the VegaTouch system to every single diesel model for 2020, and Comfort Drive to the Cornerstone and the Anthem. When I last talked to Pat Carroll from Entegra, he stated that market forces required the VegaTouch being added to all models to keep from losing sales. In fact, I think that the 2020 Newmar DS and VT are the only diesel motorhomes without any such system.

This really has me looking more closely at the Entegra Anthem and Aspire. I know that there is much more to a motorhome than just the electronics, but I worry about how dated the coach will appear in 5 years when it comes time to sell. Plus as a bit of a techie guy, I really enjoy such systems. Are any of you surprised by the lack of the electronics, or it just me?

Thanks for your input,
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:00 AM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
ah man... here I sit at the dealer rv park with my 2019 New Aire next door waiting on me to get my money wired to their bank. I would love a king bed, larger fresh water and fuel tanks and that larger engine. Just feels so wrong to start over and leave the dealer with a customized coach on his lot. I think the karma gods would come get me.

I do love my coach choices, but to think... that bed might actually allow my dog to let me sleep like a grownup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	241542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	241543  

walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:34 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqqest View Post
Hi all,

After having my 2014 Allegro Bus 45LP for 5 years, I have been looking at both Entegra and Newmar for a replacement. I have to say that I like many of the changes Newmar has announced for the 2020 models, yet I am just amazed by what they still lack. I was really hoping that the 2020 DS and VT would finally bring a central computer control system. If it had, I was buying a new 2020 DS.

Now, I am not so sure. I find it very hard to believe that the 2020 Newmar Dutch Star and Ventana still do not have any central control systems. All the Tiffin diesels have it, and now, Entegra has added the VegaTouch system to every single diesel model for 2020, and Comfort Drive to the Cornerstone and the Anthem. When I last talked to Pat Carroll from Entegra, he stated that market forces required the VegaTouch being added to all models to keep from losing sales. In fact, I think that the 2020 Newmar DS and VT are the only diesel motorhomes without any such system.

This really has me looking more closely at the Entegra Anthem and Aspire. I know that there is much more to a motorhome than just the electronics, but I worry about how dated the coach will appear in 5 years when it comes time to sell. Plus as a bit of a techie guy, I really enjoy such systems. Are any of you surprised by the lack of the electronics, or it just me?

Thanks for your input,
newmar has always been, and will most likely always be (IMHO) behind in the electronics department....it's just not their competitive advantage....

think about the motto of the town they are based in....."embrace the pace"......i think it says it all.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #56

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
This is true, we have a LA with adaptive cruise control. It will kill power to engine then engine brake kicks in by then car is pass the radar zone and throttle is applied. This all happens within 2-3 minutes.
It could be a real annoying if using it while driving in Los Angeles area traffic outside of 3am to 5 am. My wife also does that and she won't maintain her speed until the vehicle speeds up. Adaptive cruise will be nice when you fit into a semi-caravan and highball down the Interstates.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote