Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2020 Model Order Forms?

On another blog my wife noticed that someone said they were about to place an order for a 2020 DutchStar. They said their Newmar salesman was going to have the new 2020 order form by this coming Friday (4/12).

Q) has anyone heard about the possibility of ordering a 2020 model yet?
ColCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #2

Last year Matt Miller from Newmar called me to ask who released to irv2 the information early before the dealers even had it on 2019 models, and was causing issue at the dealers. He ask that we wait till the official release from Newmare which is May 1 so that the dealers also have all the information to communicate with owners. Newmar is a paid support of irv2 Newmar forum and would be good for us to stay on good terms with Newmar and wait till the Newmar official release date of May 1 if anybody gets 2020 model year information.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That sounds like very good advice.
Thanks Newmar Man!
ColCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Last year Matt Miller from Newmar called me to ask who released to irv2 the information early before the dealers even had it on 2019 models, and was causing issue at the dealers. He ask that we wait till the official release from Newmare which is May 1 so that the dealers also have all the information to communicate with owners. Newmar is a paid support of irv2 Newmar forum and would be good for us to stay on good terms with Newmar and wait till the Newmar official release date of May 1 if anybody gets 2020 model year information.
Newmar Man
Looks like the "cat's out of the bag"

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2020...ml#post4719394
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #5

Newmar is moving the release of the next model year coaches earlier ever year. Since this was released by a dealer we can assume this was done with full Newmar approval. The 2020 model year is here and we even have some new models we didn't have in 2019. Looking over the changes it's Newmar hitting another home run. I sure won't want to compete against their line up in 2020
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think the Retail Price Purchase Order Forms, the FCCC and Spartan chassis spec sheets, and the Brochures should be out ASAP and all made available to download so those interested and possible buyers can study and decide what works best for them. Concealing information from the public puts them at a big disadvantage when they have to deal with lazy, lying, deceitful sales people and businesses.

Satisfied Newmar owners are a great source of new customers, I show those interested my Bay Star, answer their questions, tell why I choose Newmar vs SOB, what to be cautious about, and print for them the above information in my compter so they can decide what they want before a dealer tries to sell them something on their lot which may not be what they wanted. I have received eMails from 4 people thanking me and telling me about the Newmar they have ordered. I met 2 others who showed me the Newmar they had bought and wanted more information about the improvements I had made to my Bay Star for boondocking.

Anyone who had management or leadership training has seen how information gets distorted when one sentence is passed around from one to another and how much it varies from the original version when it gets to the last person in the class. That is the problem with relying on a dealership for truthful information, it takes effort for a salesperson to remember accurately what the customer's question was, get an accurate answer from a supposedly knowledgeable source, and accurately return a timely and accurate answer. The sales bias is to shoot from the hip with answers they calculate will get the potential buyers signature and money.

A business model designed to limit information to customers so they can be more easily cheated by dishonest businesses in not very Christian in its operation.

Without enough documentation from honest sources to make logical choices, I would not part with a few hundred thousand dollars for a new RV. I may be weird, but documented and proven facts for decision making has served me well in my work and private life. Thanks to irv2, I will try Tom Lindstrom RV first when I have decided what I what to buy.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nothing has been posted in COM_NET as yet for anything related with the 2020 year would agree May 1st date will be the time but some items were being posted like paints before May last year.

COM_NET INSTRUCTIONS
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #8

When do the spec sheets usually become available with pricing
Cooterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooterbrown View Post
When do the spec sheets usually become available with pricing
dealers have them now......
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote