Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Several small loads like TV and 5.1 sound is on, and refrigerator
starts a cycle and ice maker warms cubes so they fall free into the bin and you start the microwave they can be drawing amps up into the inverters surge range. Also, if the batteries SOC and voltage is low then the amps drawn from the batteries will be higher than normal in order to produce the watts required by the appliances and blow the fuse. If you look at your ARC-50 display the BMK enables you to see the amps being pulled from the batteries. If the amp load is close to your fuse's rating turn some 120 volt loads off.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #16

You could have 5 of everything listed (sans the MW) and get nowhere close to 300A

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
lands,

I neglected to ask which inverter you have...and if you have an All Electric model with Residential Fridge?

If you don't have the MS2812 inverter...my prior advice may be way off topic. I should have asked.

We have a residential fridge but not all electric I think our inverter is 2000 but will have to check for sure. We use propane for furnace and cook top
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes2901 View Post
Several small loads like TV and 5.1 sound is on, and refrigerator
starts a cycle and ice maker warms cubes so they fall free into the bin and you start the microwave they can be drawing amps up into the inverters surge range. Also, if the batteries SOC and voltage is low then the amps drawn from the batteries will be higher than normal in order to produce the watts required by the appliances and blow the fuse. If you look at your ARC-50 display the BMK enables you to see the amps being pulled from the batteries. If the amp load is close to your fuse's rating turn some 120 volt loads off.

Where is the ark-50 display wasn't aware u could see amp draw thanks
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by lands View Post
Where is the ark-50 display wasn't aware u could see amp draw thanks
In your control cabinet...there is a Magnum Remote.

Newmar did not install ME-ARC50 on a Ventana that I know of...

You will either have the ME-RC50 or the ME? mini remote.

If you do have the ME-RC50...it has a row of buttons...one being "METERS"...you can dial your way thru the readings there. It is a pretty important interface in your coach...so I would recommend downloading the manual for it and becoming familiar with it's features and recommended settings.

I'm not 100% certain what feature ...Auto Gen Start or the Precision Circuits Electrical Management Load center...but one or both of those are paired with the ME-RC50.

If you don't have those features...then Newmar probably installed the MINI remote. I'm not familiar with it's functions at all....sorry.

So, long story short, where to read the AMPs...well that depends on which remote they installed.

edit...

So, I just googled the manual...

It is called the ME-MR remote. I see all the setup pages...but I do not see a way to access an AMP meter reading.

Again...I wouldn't assume that your technician got everything right when setting up the inverter.

I would recommend downloading the manual for the remote and your inverter. That way you can make sure the correct battery type, charge rate, low battery cutout, etc....are all programmed appropriately. If you switch to AGM batteries...this is where you go to tell the Inverter how to properly charge them.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have a Magnum inverter/charger the ARC-50 is the advanced remote that enables you to monitor the battery bank via the Battery Monitor Kit. My Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK + ARC-50 enables me to see the battery bank's SOC, volts, amps in or out, cumulative amps taken out, etc by pressing the ARC-50's middle "Meter" button 4 times to cycle to the BMK and view the data by rotating the the round knob. The picture shows the Magnum ARC-50 on the right side in a compartment above the door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01045.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	157013
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
joes2901,

Wow...the 2012 Bay Star got the Mac Daddy!!! or did you install those upgrades???
Old 04-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I viewed the work done by some RV shops to find top quality and employed Temecula Valley RV to build a solar, AGM batteries, inverter system to my specs. Some tried to sell cheap kits but I only wanted the products on the spreadsheet and statements I provided. I had a list of equipment that had the fewest complaints and were industrial capable.

It took about a month and I made weekly visits to inspect the work quality, progress, and have question/problem solving discussions. For example, move the Traveler sat dish from the middle to the front oh the roof, Progressive HC-50 wired after the transfer switch, 4/0 battery cables, roof rack for solar to clear vents & shower dome, 4 Lifeline L-16s on their sides over the F53 frame rails, pair of C-4s for chassis in the place used by Newmar for 2 Interstates, 2 remote controlled Fan-tastic vents, Xantrex Link-10 for chassis batts, LAN cables for the solar system to my computer work station, etc. A lot of work was done to get a better 2012 system than a stock Essex. For $19K, it's been maintenance and trouble free and I expect 12 years life from the Lifelines and Mitsubishi warrants the solar panels output for 25 years.

The Bay Star works well in length limited National Parks & Forests, the bed, shower, sofa, recliner and the remodeled galley and buffet/computer area are comfortable, plus ride & handling improvements, MCD shades throughout , and4 window awnings. I am planning to use it 4-5 months a year for 20 years. I have many posts and pictures for a search by my name.

Tags
fuse