Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2018, 05:05 AM   #1

3412 Slide

Hey everyone,

I’m about to lock up on a 2018 Ventana LE 3412. It’s very slightly used. They had a little bit of trouble when I first viewed the Coach bringing the slide back in. Apparently it over amped, as they described it. I assume they reset it and it had to be retrained.

It sounded like it was straining bringing the kitchen slide back in even after they worked it a few times. The other slides did not exhibit this behavior.

They said the slide was heavy.l’m concerned it will only get heavier loaded up with kitchen gear and the refrigerator full.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also the fit on that slide does not seem to be as perfect as the others. It has 8 months of warranty left.

Think I should walk away? It drives great btw. Very nice.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2018, 05:36 AM   #2

Not normal, IMO, but not a reason to walk away. I would want an inspection by a tech experienced with Newmar slides, who doesn't work for the seller.

Or just discount the price by a grand and figure on having the slide adjusted. In warranty your not having much downside potential.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #3

Thank you I kind of feel the same way. Can you ask for a factory tech to,look at the slide?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My 2016 Ventana front passenger slide would amp out coming in sometimes. It happened if you held the out button until it AMPed out extending. If you stopped before AMPing out there was not problem. I contacted Newmar CS about the situation. CS asked what Rev. controller was installed. I had a Rev. B controller for the slide which CS stated the amp rating wasn't high enough. I changed to a Rev. C and all is fine now. This might be the problem for you.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:22 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Since it has warranty left, if I were purchasing it I'd schedule a warranty visit with the factory, either just after you purchase it or just before the warranty expires. I'm sure you will find a couple more issues and the factory is flat out the best place to get warranty work done. I would go there and I live 14 hours from the factory, looking at your profile you live in Ohio, that's no more than four hours away.

There are specs for the fit (reveal) of the slide, they will be in the slide servicing information 007 has in his Quick Tips threads, search for "slides" or slideouts".
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #6

Thanks very much for the info! I just read the FWS thread and I will have the dealer check the controller Rev number.

That’s good info. Also I have relatives in Mishawaka so I can easily go up there and get it looked at properly.

As soon as I ink the deal, I’ll get a visit scheduled.

When the slide is going in or out how do you guys know your at max out or fully in?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:51 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When the slide is going in or out how do you guys know your at max out or fully in?[/QUOTE]

The controller will AMP out when you reach the full extend or full in position. I try to make sure the edges are sealed but not drive the slide too far either way.

Tags
slide