Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
97 MOUNTAIN AIRE PUSHER LOCATION OF engine block heater switch?

I am wondering if I have an actual switch to turn on my block heater. Nothing in the cabinet above passenger seat but I do have a switch on dash panel that says aux heater HI & Low next to the booster switch. Is that for the heater or is there an actual plug cord in engine compartment?
bioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Our 2002 has the switch in overhead cabinet on passenger side but their is also the outlet in the bay with the transfer switch and cable hookups. Back side of bay right side.
There is also a dedicated circuit breaker for this outlet.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #3

Do You have a Hydro-Hot? If so it could be for the heat radiator blower fan in the dash. Or it may be a switch for the engine heater that runs off the Hydro-Hot.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Different coach, but my older Monaco didn't have a switch, you just plugged it in, in the engine bay. If you have something where you can watch amps, plug it in and see if the amps increase.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:02 AM   #5

I just have a receptacle in the electrical bay and a cord/plug coming through the wall near it. You plug the cord into the receptacle when you want block heater.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thank you for your help.
I did find the switch. I thought it was supposed to be in front main upper cabinet with water heater, tank info and other things.
I found the receptacle in the main power bay but still did not have power to the recp. I found a block heater switch in the upper cabinet behind the passenger seat above a table. It was mixed in with satellite switches.
Hey BYETHEWAY ( no pun intended) what and how does the hydro-hot high and low switch work? . Front and rear??
Old 12-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
RKins write up of his 97 London Aire may answer other questions you may have bioguy its in QT's #3 old coach section.
FUSE SYSTEM --- BIRD CHARGING SYSTEM
You will find other info in this link also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow how to find that? This is a pic of my dash panel. It has a " aux heater high low" switch? What do I have and what does it do?
Also if anyone knows how the lights work on that panel I have alot of failed illumination areas on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191227_133048.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	270675  
Old 12-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
On our 1999 MADP, that dash aux heater switch controls the fan under the lift up bed in the back. Said fan is in a radiated box with 2 coolant lines running through it. There is also a small valve you manually open in one of those engine coolant lines when you want coolant to run through. Basically it’s a rear heater option when you are running your engine. Blows warm/ hot air out the forward facing wall under the bed.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well thank you for that info. I will be checking on that as soon as I get to the storage. Makes sense. I have only taken a quick look at that compartment as we have nothing stored in it.
May be handy on a real cold day.

Tags
air, cat, engine, heat, heater, mountain aire, switch