RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
The switch is a rocker type switch. Push in on the top to turn on and push in on the bottom to turn off or visa versa.
Pushing on the top or the bottom of the switch does nothing. It doesn't change position. It's lost its 'click'.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";905515]jillie, do you have a [B][URL="http://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env77NEWMAR/html/images/2011VTDPOG.pdf
owners guide[/URL][/B] for your coach?
Some of your answers will be in their.
The owners guide we got is very stingy with information. The table of contents isn't even in sync with the page numbers. It's like it was copied and pasted from another coach. I know that every piece of information can't be included but our previous DP had a much better owners guide although the coach wasn't so great.

We're reading the various guides we received but I wish they were digital so we could search them better. Now there's an idea. Offer the owners guide and all other guides on a disk. Wow, would that make my life easier!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought that info was on disk for new coach's maybe something to contact Newmar about so you can get a replacement for yourself.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillie View Post
The owners guide we got is very stingy with information. The table of contents isn't even in sync with the page numbers. It's like it was copied and pasted from another coach. I know that every piece of information can't be included but our previous DP had a much better owners guide although the coach wasn't so great.

We're reading the various guides we received but I wish they were digital so we could search them better. Now there's an idea. Offer the owners guide and all other guides on a disk. Wow, would that make my life easier!
Have you tried calling Newmar customer service? They can be very helpful. The battery disconnect switch on ours is not a rocker switch but rather push in....off....push in again....on.

Don
Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillie View Post
Pushing on the top or the bottom of the switch does nothing. It doesn't change position. It's lost its 'click'.
I would say that's a bad switch...Those plastic rocker type switches are not the greatest quality; if it was me I'd replace it with a nice solid toggle switch...
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
I thought that info was on disk for new coach's maybe something to contact Newmar about so you can get a replacement for yourself.
Will try that. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
I would say that's a bad switch...Those plastic rocker type switches are not the greatest quality; if it was me I'd replace it with a nice solid toggle switch...
We're covered under warranty until January so unless it's bad for it to stay on for 6 weeks at a time in storage, we'll wait until we get back to FL in November. Maybe they can exchange the rocker for a toggle.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #22

Jillie,
Why would you wait until Nov to remedy the problem? If you are under warranty why not call Newmar and have them authorize the work done by a local provider?

I also believe that Newmar has provided coach info on a disk since about '05.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allynne View Post
Jillie,
Why would you wait until Nov to remedy the problem? If you are under warranty why not call Newmar and have them authorize the work done by a local provider?

I also believe that Newmar has provided coach info on a disk since about '05.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
We checked with our nearest dealer and since we bought in FL and not from them, we will be far down on the list to get work done. We'll be gone the month of August and leaving for FL in mid-October. We thought it'd be easier just to save up any minor problems and get them done when we're back down south. We'll leave the coach with the dealer and go stay with my brother until it's done. We know how to sponge off family.

Don't know why we didn't get the CD but have sent a message to Newmar about getting one. Will probably hear from them on Monday.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #24

I have had two Newmar motorhomes and that switch in both is not a click switch. It is a monentary switch that is silent and returns to the middle position once released.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Last word from Newmar Customer Service: "We no longer supply any of our coaches with the DVD’s."

Maybe I'll do my own in my spare time. ;-)
Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #26

Jillie, I have a 2011 Ventana 3962. I have the same, generic, owner's manual that is pretty thin on specific information and makes plenty of references to other included documentation.

WRT to the 12v disconnect switch - as has been mentioned it is a momentary disconnect, event though it appears to be a 3-way toggle. I scratched my head a time or two before getting the hang of it. I simple momentary push button or on/off switch would have been more intuitive.

I would have appreciated specific documentation to my coach & chassis. Would like a better explanation of the systems & switches. As it is, I've read every document (well, maybe not the microwave cookbook), and am feeling better about my understanding of this complex beast.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
The problem with the 12 volt disconnect switch is that no matter what I did to it - push, rock, toggle, whatever - the red light stayed on. I know that's not the way it worked before. We're bringing it back over to the house in less than two weeks to get ready for a trip and I'll try it all again. I'll eventually get it.

Yes, the guide is very slim and not very inclusive. Looked all over that guide for what that red light switch next to the driver's seat was for. Someone here was kind enough to explain that it's for the mirror defrost. We've read most of the other manuals that came with it but when I need to find something I've read about, it's next to impossible for me to remember where I read it. Seniors should be entitled to a DVD.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Visited the DP yesterday and tried the 12 volt disconnect switch again. I pushed in on the top of the switch and it then returned to its center position but the red light stayed on. Tried several times with no luck to get the light to go out. It'll go on the get-fixed list. I'd like to say here that that list is very short. So far we're impressed with the quality of this coach. It's a far cry from our previous coach.

Tags
fridge