Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #1

A/C Units

Is there any annual maintenance suggested for the roof A/C's? i.e. coil & fin cleaning? Are there any filters that need to be cleaned/changed?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
The return air filters need to be cleaned. About 1/2 of the vents in the ceiling are for the return air. The covers just pop off.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #3

There are a couple of items that should be done to keep roof AC working good. Should take AC covers off the AC unit once a year and clean condenser with either water or compressed air. You might find a bird's nest like I did on back AC unit. Good idea to add fender washers to the 4 screws that hold AC cover on. Newmar added 2 screws to the back of covers to hold cover on better. Good idea because you see the covers along the highway add 150$ plus paint. Need to clean intake air filters some times once a week if in dusty area in the coach. To check if AC is working good there should be a 20 degree temp difference between income air and out going. Have had our Essex for 13 years and AC and heat pumps have worked great for 1500 days of travel.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
My two cents:
Same as replies already for except one, I use Dometic coil cleaner, spray on coils and let sit for a few minutes and garden hose coils off. (Just did yesterday as a matter of fact) I do this twice a year.

Intake filters on my coach I clean regularly and I do while using coach. Pull off covers, remove filter, soak in sink with dish soap and then throw in my dryer with dryer sheet on low air and once dry then replace.