Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

Adding Interior View Camera...

@turbopilot has a thread about his 2018 New Aire where he’s added an inexpensive interior view camera. In his installation, it’s added to the back of the Silverleaf VMS-350 module. It can support 8 cameras, but only 6 are installed.

I asked for a 7th interior view camera as a special, and it was denied...

I love the idea of being able to see what fell, what is my neurotic dog doing, etc.

I have no problem installing one myself...does anyway know if the same module is still in use on the later models?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdare View Post
@turbopilot has a thread about his 2018 New Aire where he’s added an inexpensive interior view camera. In his installation, it’s added to the back of the Silverleaf VMS-350 module. It can support 8 cameras, but only 6 are installed.
Wait - Where is this thread of which you speak? I'd like two extra cameras - One covering the interior so I can see what is going on in the aisle behind me - I've tried mirrors and they just don't work. I'd also like a camera at the front top of the RV looking back over the top of the RV. I want to see the Direct TV dish I left up and the TV antenna I left up. I want to see that low hanging power line that's going to snag everything on my roof. I want to see those branches that are going to whip my fan covers and antennae and solar panels.

How do I get extra cameras installed?
ericllucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:08 PM   #3

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/xite...ns-370701.html
Old 01-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
VMS350 new location

Went looking for the VMS350 to add an inside camera. Found it behind a panel located on the lower right as you enter the coach. Just remove the panel and it is right there ready to be worked on, real easy to access.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:54 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I love, love, love the idea of additional cameras and will explore installing a couple. I am not a particularly talented as a DIYer but am willing to give the installation a try, and the information provided in these posts should be sufficient to start the project.

On a slightly different note; my center right camera does not work and hasn't since I owned the coach. I have just recently decided to troubleshoot the problem, and if needed, replace the camera. Can anyone provide advice on how to troubleshoot the problem and provide information on ordering a new camera.

I do appreciate the information provided and look forward to the camera project.

Mike
mjh0827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, interior