Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Air filter hose clamps

Can anyone give me the torque spec's for the air intake hose clamps between air filter and the turbo? Thank you.
SusanCamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Wow, what a great technical question. I don't know the answer, but having just replaced the filter on my coach, I used a 3/8" socket and would guess I used 5-10 ft pounds. I certainly could have torqued a lot more, but there is probably no need.
You simply need to assure a seal is made between the rubber hose and the filter. there is minimal differential air pressure so little chance of leakage. The hose clamps provide no support (on my coach), so additional tightening is not necesary. The clyinder is a very strong piece of geometry, but you can easily distort the rubber hose is you try too hard.

Good for you. Good luck!
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
90 lbs -inch with a suitable torque wrench. NOT 90 lbs-foot, that is 12X too much.
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote