Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Download the PDF file " Air Brake 2007 " for a basic guide to air brake systems.
Thanks! And that is located where? Link?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #16

Not sure if this is the same pdf that TwinBoat was talking about, but this one does have some good info and it was published in 2007 (I think).

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa...tems_02-14.pdf
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #17

Wagonmaster2 The on board compressor is more than equal to inflating all tires up to at least 120 lbs. On my Mt. Aire I had Sparton set to regulator to the max about 130 lbs.. The secret is to keep the compressor running while inflating. If you hear the compressor shutoff, then depress the center of the chuck to release air from the system and the compressor will kick in again and continue filling.

This has worked for me for over 8 years. I also have an "Air Station" to inflate the towed tires.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Thanks! And that is located where? Link?
Google " Air Brake 2007 " it should come up.

The other one is not it and I'm not good with links. Maybe I figured it out.

http://dmv.dot.gov.nt.ca/sites/defau...Nov%202007.pdf
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #19

I use my coach air to air up the tires while on the road, but I use my air Compressire at home. I also have a multiplier that doubles the input, that I bought when I had a coach that needed more air that the coach would produce.
I have the same situation with loss of air yes it has a leak. I will be at ride height for about three days then it goes down. The primary and secondary Gage's will be halfway down from maximum.
I called newmar and they said it was within Fed regulations loss of 2 psi per hour. I crawled under mine ,2015 London Aire and found two real small leakes. Sprayed a soapy solution on all of the fittings. I could not find anymore leaks it helped some but still goes down.
I checked all bags two tanks and fittings everything that I could see. There is 300 feet of hoses and 100 feet of that is on the secondary tank which is the one going down first. I was told by Newmar that when the secondary went below 65psi that both tanks would go down. They sent me a diagram of the air system and that helped.
Since mine doesn't level with air I'm ok with the loss of air. I was told if I needed to undo any of the air hose that just plugs in that you have to release all the air pressure which makes sense. Be very carfull under your coach working on air it could come down on you and hurt you bad.
Even heard of one working on his steps and they come down on him hurting him bad. Just be carful.
Steve Mosher
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #20

My 2001 dsdp3891

The connector for the air hose, located next to the mg set does not accept my standard garage hose connectors. Is there a special connector for over 100psi or something?. The diameter of the female push joint seems smaller. Any comment here please?
johnmac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #21

JohnMac53
Mine is a standard plug. Al of mine work in it. I have seen a small system but I couldn't find any small plugs to fit. So I changed it out to a standard.
Steve mosher
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #22

Thanks for all the responses. I used the on-board air connector today and like had been stated, aired up 110 lbs with no problem. Only thing I missed from my previous coach was the air gauge that was mounted right where the hose connects. That way I could always tell if I was using air faster than the compressor could keep up with the pressure I was trying to reach.

The loss of 2lb/hour of air seems like a lot but that's probably about where I am so guess I'll quit thinking about it.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
there are a number of different types of quick connectors. All you need is to match a pair. male female. Always good to have an extra that a tow truck driver can hook up if he dosen't have the right one. They need to be connected to your system when they tow you.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does anyone know if a 2000 Dutch Star would have an air chuck anywhere on it?
Old 08-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
On my 2001 Mountain aire Spartan chassis it is located on the drivers side front. To the right side of the genset looking at it. It might have a connector zip tied to it for use by a tow truck.
Took a while for me to spot it on mine and now I have a small ribbon tied to it.
Good chance yours is in the same place.

Obviously you need to open the hood.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does anyone have the model # or a picture of the male connector that is required for a 2015 Dutch Star? I know that there are several different types, so this will save me several trips to Home Depot.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You were right Hillboy, my air jack is right where you said it would be with an adapter zip-tied to it. The size of the hose (green) leading to the adapter seems quite small tho.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	(null)-3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	104061  
Old 08-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #28

Air hose connector for DSDP3891, 2001

Well thank you all for your inputs. I have now entered the world of air hose connectors all of different sizes. I finished up buying a Bostik airhose male and female with a separate dedicated hose for my gauge and tire connector. What is the proper fitting for a roadside repair man, as it would be prudent to have that. I do not have one lashed to the coach outlet.
The final threaded connections to each point seem the same on the coach fitting, hose ends and all other pieces, is there an American Air Manufacturers Association, like NEMA, ASMI or something?
johnmac53 is offline   Reply With Quote