Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

All about Recliners

Hi, I want to replace my couch and install two factory recliners that match my current materials and color, I would like to know from those of you that have “factory installed recliners” on your Newmar and not the ones you purchased after market like lazy boy etc, unless you replaced the factory ones for whatever reason ( then tell me why) This maybe a flexsteel or Villa if I’m correct so to questions, are they comfortable? Wall huggers? Or you have to pull then out every time you want to recline? Extremely soft leathers? Special configuration required? Somewhat durable? Do they take more living space then the sofa? Thanks

I recently got a quote from Newmar for two recliners ( Villa) only NO install at $3.5k each yes each so I need to know is the Factory recliners that special?

Thanks
zzotte
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #2

We bought our 2015 Ventana with the Flexsteel recliners. We love them as far as comfort goes. Yes they hug the wall just fine. All that said, you have to turn them sideways for travel or have them permanently mounted to the floor. With the small table that goes between the two recliners, the bolt to floor option is not really an option. I am glad we got them and for us having two sofas made no sense. I am sure others have a different opinion. Hope this helps.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

Residential recliners

We removed our uncomfortable flexsteel couch and installed two power recliners from local furniture store. The back comes off so they fit through the rv door. We removed the seat belts so you cannot ride in them while traveling. They are one of the best changes we gave made. To travel we recline them slightly to lock them from moving around. $875 each.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #4

Thanks Mike, I’m glad to hear unfortunately for us was not an option because we purchased used and definitely was not a deal breaker like you we don’t need two couch’s

Thanks
Zzotte
Old 06-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedicttw View Post
We removed our uncomfortable flexsteel couch and installed two power recliners from local furniture store. The back comes off so they fit through the rv door. We removed the seat belts so you cannot ride in them while traveling. They are one of the best changes we gave made. To travel we recline them slightly to lock them from moving around. $875 each.
Same here, leather from Macy's for about $650 each. I rigged up some brackets from angle iron and aluminum to hold them. The front legs hang over the slide by about 1.5" and are supported by aluminum angle screwed to the front of the slide. I through-bolted the side brackets to the floor of the slide, using stainless T-nuts underneath. We also added a recliner battery with a Y connector to power both chairs. My wife gets a week out of her battery at home.

The key in buying is to measure-measure-measure.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedicttw View Post
Did match the colors? We can’t decorate worth a darn so our best bet is to match colors

Zzotte
Old 06-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Removed one couch shortly after we bought our coach new in 2009. Replaced it with a large, comfy, leather, Lazy Boy. Lazy Boy died in May while we were on the road so took a chance and replaced it with an electric RecPro wall hugger. It arrived in 3 days at our campsite, came in 2 pieces so easy to get in the door. As comfortable as the Lazy Boy but takes up way less room. So far, this is one of the best decisions ever! I did miss the swivel/glider, but the electric recline is worth giving that up. The price was outstanding!
https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...gger-recliner/
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #8

Wow! Very nice thanks

Zzotte
Old 06-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #9
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Has anyone used Stressless recliners? We are considering changing out the original recliners that came with the coach as they are not particularly comfortable and also tend to move around as we go down the road. For us, an exact match of the upholstery covering/fabric would not be essential.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Has anyone used Stressless recliners? We are considering changing out the original recliners that came with the coach as they are not particularly comfortable and also tend to move around as we go down the road. For us, an exact match of the upholstery covering/fabric would not be essential.

TJ
Jim, we considered using a pair of Ekornes I found out to recline takes way to much space plus the ottoman :( but they are the most comfortable of any the recliners

Zzotte
Old 06-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #11

You're talking about 'matching' Newmar's fabric.... go to Lazy Boy & they have tons of fabrics/leather to consider. I bet they'd even come to your RV park for consultation on what would go with what you have. 'Matching' is blah. You need to coordinate. Lazy Boy's are extremely comfortable and are wall-hugging. They come apart in two sections so very easy to get through the door. They come in sizes geared to a small or large person. They have very good sales. You could get two from $1000-$1500 (or less).

Newmar's at $3500 EACH? No way!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post

TJ

We bought a set of the Fjords, which are similar. We looked at them in a furniture store and then bought them from Bradd & Hall. They drop shipped them and we saved a lot of money over even the stores sale price.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
Removed one couch shortly after we bought our coach new in 2009. Replaced it with a large, comfy, leather, Lazy Boy. Lazy Boy died in May while we were on the road so took a chance and replaced it with an electric RecPro wall hugger. It arrived in 3 days at our campsite, came in 2 pieces so easy to get in the door. As comfortable as the Lazy Boy but takes up way less room. So far, this is one of the best decisions ever! I did miss the swivel/glider, but the electric recline is worth giving that up. The price was outstanding!
https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...gger-recliner/
Looks like a quality chair. Thanks for the link. How do like your Pacifica, and has it given you good service? Always wanted one. Wish National was still around, they had some nice units. Our first was a 2007 Dolphin 5320. It had its issues, but overall was a great unit.
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #14

I was going with two lambright recliners, but the footrest did’t seem all that comfortable. They are a little expensive but the Lazy Boy Pinnacle Power Recliner is a great option to replace an uncomfortable sofa or old recliners. About 2500 dollars for two. The size also gives you plenty of room to be comfortable and the dimensions are great for an RV slide. Check them out.

JMcG
2016 VTDP 3725
JMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recliner