Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #15

I should actually get to take it "glamping" to the coast next weekend. More "practice" driving it this week.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #16

Picking up our 2903 tonight! Looking forward to having it finally. It is a 2017 version. They seemed to have dropped the horsepower on this rig lowering the torque power curve and adding a six speed transmission. Thoughts on that?

Anything I should check over before leaving the dealership?
Old biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #17

But Be Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisName View Post
Love the turn radius. I was parked lengthwise in 3'ish parking places (with my backside overhanging a grassy median). I had a car parked in the one after the "ish" parking place and was able to swing right out and around it. I think I'm getting the hang of this.
From one newbie to another...BEWARE of the ass swing!! Yes, I agree very nimble. It will give you a false sense of maneuverability. In tight situations, beware that in motion, a hard turn of the steering wheel to the right, the rear is moving left and vise versa. Even though you might be moving forward, be sure to have a sense of where the rear is going. Don't ask me how I know Paint repair is expensive

Congratulations on your 2903. You're gonna love it!!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations on your new Newmar many years of enjoyment and safe travels.
Here is what I post for Old Biker also a new owner and I will add in QT's # 3 there is a section for Bay Star owners with many Mod's and problems resolved by other BS owners.
Enjoy the forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Love the turn radius. I was parked lengthwise in 3'ish parking places (with my backside overhanging a grassy median). I had a car parked in the one after the "ish" parking place and was able to swing right out and around it. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Thanks for all of your comments.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of Newmar...........

Get ready for many fond memories........

If you are new to the "RV Life Style" and new to driving a large vehicle, may I suggest you get on You Tube and search "Driving lesson for a gas motor home."

Select one or more videos to watch, I say this with the idea of getting some basics of operating a large vehicle, which hopefully includes making "right-turns" and "tail-swing".

Nothing hard to learn just some different principles of handling your vehicle, the same as handling a motor cycle verses a car.....

Good luck and have a great time!

g
Old 11-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #20

A resurrected post from a year ago. Still in love with my choice in RV. Spending lots of weekends in it. Looking forward to an 8 week trip in it next year.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:08 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
A resurrected post from a year ago. Still in love with my choice in RV. Spending lots of weekends in it. Looking forward to an 8 week trip in it next year.
Huh.....I need to looking at dates, don't I!!??!! LOL

Glad you are enjoying your motor home...........be safe/.

g
Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #22

Enjoy your new Baystar, we like our 2015 3103. Drives nice as delivered and if I explained the couple minor items I fixed after delivery you would fall asleep reading it. These were items that had nothing to do with function and have had no other issues. I need to look at dates too, but still applies.
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:53 PM   #23

I appreciate the kind words and advice.

We are taking our first trip tomorrow! Only going out for one night and 300 miles, but it will be enough to get a feel for this new toy. I drove semi's for twenty years...but that was 15 years ago!

I'm still searching the Manuel, but if someone knows how to get the front steps from moving in and out every time I open the door, that would be helpful. The step switch inside the coach does not seem to have any impact...

Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:39 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most will continue to come in and out even with the switch set if the engine is running or even if just the ignition switch is left on.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:20 AM   #25

[QUOTE=JohnRR;3322828]Most will continue to come in and out even with the switch set if the engine is running or even if just the ignition switch is left on.[/QUOTE

Thanks. I went out and tried that after reading your post.

Even with key out of the idnition, this one's step stills runs. I was hoping it would let it stay out when camping. I'll get into the manual while on the trip!
Old 11-04-2016, 06:47 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you turn off the step switch? Not sure where it is located on your coach, but mine is in the panel with the battery switch and tank monitor.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:50 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old biker View Post

I'm still searching the Manuel, but if someone knows how to get the front steps from moving in and out every time I open the door, that would be helpful. The step switch inside the coach does not seem to have any impact...

Thanks again!
Huh - - the switch is the key to keep them out.

I forget if the switch is suppose to be "On" or "Off" but once you open the door and the step goes out it "should" stay out once the switch is in the correct position.

Perhaps giving Newmar a call and ask them........our motor home is at Newmar as I write for some warranty work but I will look how I set it up to keep the stair out when I get it back....

Have a great tip...

g
Old 11-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #28

I ended up calling Newmar, they double checked what I was supposed to do, and determined that something is wired incorrectly.

Now I can't figure out how to get the tvs set to correct input. Nothing I tried produced any tv. I'm sure I'm missing something silly...anyone know what has to be on to Provide electricity to the switch box?

TV just keeps indicating there is no signal...regardless of what input I try ....