Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Annoying Turn Signal Beeper

Well... I have not found any discussions on resolving an annoying turn signal beeper; so I will ask....

Mine is a loud beeper rather than a pleasant chime like the newer cars have installed. Ours irritates everyone on board when I make a turn and is especially annoying when, stopped at a red light, waiting to make a turn (I turn off the turn signal but am afraid I will forget to turn it back on before I make the turn).

I suspect the the high-line coaches and maybe the newer Dutch Stars, and Mountain Aires have changed to a more pleasing turn signal beeper; am I right?

I would like to replace mine if I know that there is one that will work with the existing coach system.

Ron
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our 2014 DSDP's turn signal beeper goes silent after about 10 or 15 seconds, the blinking light continues.
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
Our 2014 DSDP's turn signal beeper goes silent after about 10 or 15 seconds, the blinking light continues.
That would be nice, but mine doesn't work that way. You didn't mention the sound yours makes???
Old 06-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
Well... I have not found any discussions on resolving an annoying turn signal beeper; so I will ask....

Mine is a loud beeper rather than a pleasant chime like the newer cars have installed. Ours irritates everyone on board when I make a turn and is especially annoying when, stopped at a red light, waiting to make a turn (I turn off the turn signal but am afraid I will forget to turn it back on before I make the turn).
This is poorly done on Newmar's part, IMO. Horrible ugly sound, that is totally inappropriate for the message it's trying to communicate.

I just turn the blinker off for a moment, and then back on again.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacay Wheels View Post
.......Horrible ugly sound, that is totally inappropriate for the message it's trying to communicate.

I think it is highly appropriate to the message, which is "...Hey!!! Pay attention! You left me on!" If you want a signal alarm that is gentle and soothing and easily overwhelmed by conversation, radio, etc, there are plenty of cars out there that run 15, 20 miles with the blinker on.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I think it is highly appropriate to the message, which is "...Hey!!! Pay attention! You left me on!" If you want a signal alarm that is gentle and soothing and easily overwhelmed by conversation, radio, etc, there are plenty of cars out there that run 15, 20 miles with the blinker on.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
Oh come on... I only went 5 miles the other day with my blinker on in my Tahoe. It wasn't a problem, the guy ahead of me just kept waving until I figured out what he was waving about...
Old 06-22-2016, 12:56 AM   #7

Ron, if you get up under the dash , and locate the beeper , you may find that it has a twist face plate on it to partially mute the sound .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0446.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	130841  
Old 06-22-2016, 01:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Ron, if you get up under the dash , and locate the beeper , you may find that it has a twist face plate on it to partially mute the sound .
Nice tip. I'll have a look myself. Any tricks to lower the Db on my jack down alarm? That's my annoying one. Half volume would get my attention.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #9

Digging around under the dash will make for a fun day.
Two of my buzzers look like the first photo , others under the dash have various forms , most have tags on wires to say what they are can't remember where the jack buzzer was , traced the wiring from the light , I believe.

First picture is right side of steering column support , second on the left.
Location can vary, depending on the worker who assembled the dash , and anyone who's been under there before you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	130873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	130874  

Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #10

Duct tape over the buzzer works well, that's what we do on construction sites!
L Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #11

Mine goes off when brake is applied. Will come back on later if lever is not snapped back. Not sure why yours doesn't turn off when applying brakes.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerc44 View Post
Mine goes off when brake is applied. Will come back on later if lever is not snapped back. Not sure why yours doesn't turn off when applying brakes.
Interesting. Now that seems like a great concept. Wish mine worked that way. Would your jacks down alarm stay silent with the parking brake engaged with the key in the on position? I like to start my coach before I put the jacks up. It seems to be a smoother operation once the airbags inflate before I bring them up. Especially if I'm park on a concrete slab.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Interesting. Now that seems like a great concept. Wish mine worked that way. Would your jacks down alarm stay silent with the parking brake engaged with the key in the on position? I like to start my coach before I put the jacks up. It seems to be a smoother operation once the airbags inflate before I bring them up.
This could indicate differences in the HWH leveling systems , between full automatic leveling and manual controlled units.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post

Yep, been there, done that; either with tape or with the twisting of the louvers... It still is a horrible noise, as is the jack alarm when airing up with the engine running (as was mentioned).

Commercial alarms like those in a nuclear power plant control room have an "acknowledge" button to silence an alarm for a period of time... It would be nice to have that option on some of these alarms.