RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Annual oasis service.

Been one of those days. I got around to doing the year service on my oasis. Filled the filter with diesel screwed it on, then the rest of the service kit. Had air in the fuel lines and couldn't keep the burner running. Called ITR several times today. They asked what my fuel level was for the coach. I was below 1/4 tank. Went to full up. Came back and still had issues. They recommended to separate the black wire on the compressor and press the reset and bypass buttons at the same time then release the reset 1st. This causes the fuel pump to run and circulate for 4 minutes. Did this 5 times. Still am getting flame out and air in the fuel line. Decided to call it a night and call them again in the morning. Wishing I would have left well enough alone. Wasn't having any problems with it. Just wanted to do a yearly service. Smh!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You will find OASIS info in this link and maintenance procedures.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4989296]You will find OASIS info in [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/important-information-for-newmar-owners-375453.html
this link[/URL][/B] and maintenance procedures.
That link isn't going anywhere. I have that problem every time I click on a link in this forum. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #4

i think you should have done the filter last, after servicing the burner....that is the correct order...

by doing it in reverse, you've created an air lock in the system....

take the fuel block out, take it part, like you are servicing it....then put it all together...then go remove the filter, top off with fuel, and replace...

then try it....

now, it's either that, or when you put the nozzle back together, you didn't properly seat the o-ring...but i think it's an air lock....

i've done it this way 3 times, starting with the burner, and then the filter last, and never had a problem.....and i'm no where near the sharpest tool in the shed....if i can do it, you can do it..
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Great bunch of guys at ITR. Before I called them today I checked my filter up front and it was full of diesel. So I called to start troubleshooting the system. The first thing Brian had me do was check the spray coming out of the nozzle. It was very irratic. Then he wanted me to take the fuel line off the opposite end of the solenoid. While doing that I discovered a Crack in the fuel line up by where the hose attaches to the solenoid. Called Brian back to tell him what I discovered. Replaced that line and alls well. Runs great.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
i think you should have done the filter last, after servicing the burner....that is the correct order...

by doing it in reverse, you've created an air lock in the system....

take the fuel block out, take it part, like you are servicing it....then put it all together...then go remove the filter, top off with fuel, and replace...

then try it....

now, it's either that, or when you put the nozzle back together, you didn't properly seat the o-ring...but i think it's an air lock....

i've done it this way 3 times, starting with the burner, and then the filter last, and never had a problem.....and i'm no where near the sharpest tool in the shed....if i can do it, you can do it..
I am not that skillful either. I did it in the order described here and had no issues. It was the first annual service. All the filters and igniter looked great. I kept old igniter for spare. Love Oasis!

crockdar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis, service