RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

Another question about slide mount bolts.

After receiving great info about bolts on my electric slides I looked at the bolts on the FWS. Found some loose bolts and would like to know if they should be this way or do I need to tighten them up.

First photo is of the attaching point for the slide gear. Second is the bolt that holds up the cables for the slide.

I do believe the two bolts need to be tight because the metal block has a lot of play in it.

The bolt for the cables seems to be tight but the bracket can move up and down about 2 or 3 inches.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180717_160319.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	211368   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180717_160344.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	211369  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Are you having a problem with your FWS?
If this is the HWH hydraulic slide I would leave alone and call Newmar as to what they are for and they may need your pictures.
The chain may need the play for that block to move up or down during its operation.
This sticky has a link to HWH Web site for Newmar slide operation that may explain about the bolts you are asking about.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My cable tray bolting both slides is just like yours. I've looked and can not find any damage to the cables or trays. I believe it needs to be as installed to allow up and down movement for the cables and trays as they retract and extend.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #4

"007" / stang37

During our stop today I was able to contact Newmar. Explained my concern to them about play in bolts on FWS. Individual went out into the shop and looked at several MHs while on the phone with me.

The single bolt showed anywhere between 1/2 inch and 2 inches depending on the MH. Said it all depends on the MH and operation of slide when built. Suggested I keep an eye on it and make sure it does not interfere with slide operation. If it catches on seal or MH adjust to show less threads.

As for the two bolts I thought were loose they are not, just locked in a loose position. They do need to be loose so the track holding the line can move with slide as it goes up and down.

They were glad I called and happy to help out.

Dave C.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the followup. I only have the electrical tray bolting similar to yours. I felt it was correct as both slides were exactly the same.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks also for the follow up the need to know is of everyone's concern.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide