Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #15

Well everyone has pretty much told you everything to expect from Tom. I met Tom on a whim, as one dealer upset us so much after we had a great deal all worked out on a Tiffin, and we walked out. We knew nothing about the Newmar's and I left a message for Tom to call me with a quote. One phone call and I knew this was the kind of person I wanted to deal with, they don't come any better than Tom. Tom actually gave us a better deal than the Tiffin, and we got a better MH with more options. We are so glad we went there.

We drove out to meet with Tom and he sold us on the Newmar the first day, we just couldn't decide what we wanted between 3 models. In about a months time we drove there (80 miles one way) about 5 times and met with Tom. He was always patient, and answered all our questions with no hesitation. We bought ours on a handshake and a week later we had our MH. Everything Tom told us has been accurate from how the deal went to how the MH performs. He is the most trustworthy guy I've ever met, and that doesn't come easy for me being a retired Police Captain. You could just give him your checkbook and let him write the amount he needs without question.

Once you buy from Tom you will never look for another dealer again. If we ever upgrade, which I doubt as Tom really helped guide us to what worked best for us we will buy from Tom. No worries about him not having a workshop, we have had some minor issues and adjustments needed and Tom made sure they were handled quickly and correctly. We took our MH home the same day.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
We ordered from Tom, and will pick up in a couple short weeks. I don't have much to add beyond what's been said here already. He was competitively priced, responsive to all inquiries, and no "used car" BS.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #17

We read about Tom Lindstrom on this forum. We had been doing our research for about 1.5yrs and had narrowed it down to Newmar. After a 4hr drive from our house, we arrived at his lot. What a huge difference in treatment between this dealership and all of the others that we visited. It was no pressure, honest, knowledgeable, and respectful. That was summer of 2014. In January 2015 we ordered our coach from Tom. During that time lag, Tom answered my frequent emails and calls. Not once did he call us trying to close a deal.

Our coach went into production yesterday. We will take factory delivery in August. Therefore we are not in the market to purchase another. That said, if we do decide to purchase another coach in the future, our dealer will be Tom Lindstrom.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (in production), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:56 PM   #18
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We live in Moorpark and bought from Tom. Great guy! I stop by often and hang out for a few minutes.

I printed a copy of the NADA value of my trade and then wrote a number on the back of the page figuring what a reasonable trade in should be and new coach price. When the deal was done, we were $500.00 apart on what I estimated the OTD should be. What a great experience.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:31 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
We recently took delivery of a new 2015 Ventana 4002 that we ordered through Tom. He was great to work with: spent lots of time with us back when we were only considering a Newmar coach, lots of time going over options and specs when we placed the order, and has continued to give good service "after the sale". We've had a few problems with the coach and he has continued to give us great support. So far, I have nothing but good things to say about Mr. Lindstrom!
MoHoWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my 2009 Safari Simba from Tom and team (Brandon/Coach) and I'm now a very happy owner of a 2015 DS4018 that I ordered through Tom. Tom will be carrying the higher end Newmar models sometime in the future and we joke that I'll be back for my London Aire. :-)

I've been to many of the large SoCal RV dealerships and the treatment is night and day. Give Tom the opportunity to earn your business...you won't regret it.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:45 AM   #21

What kind of percentage off of MSRP are people getting from Tom Linstrom RV? Just curious as the wife and I are looking at the Ventana line. Thanks for any input Robert.
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle21 View Post
What kind of percentage off of MSRP are people getting from Tom Linstrom RV? Just curious as the wife and I are looking at the Ventana line. Thanks for any input Robert.
Call him and ask.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydekilgore View Post
Call him and ask.
I would think the masses would be more honest. And they are closed on Sunday and Monday's
Old 05-31-2015, 12:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle21 View Post
I would think the masses would be more honest. And they are closed on Sunday and Monday's
I'm sure supply/demand still works. Yesterday's price may not be today's price. It may be lower or higher.

I was very surprised at the price Tom quoted me. I can say it was at the high end of what I was hoping for. As I don't generally like sales pressure, I was not even tempted to try to get him to a lower price.

He advertises a low overhead dealership and has few employees, one of the other dealerships I dealt with claimed that they could not match his discount.

You can also email him (or fill out the form on his website). He has responded to me on a Monday so give him a try.

I very seldom tell anyone what I paid for anything, most likely its what I observed by my parents.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #25

I agree Tom will get you the best price with no haggling. When he gave us our price he was about $6000 less that the closest other quote we got. He is so honest you really feel good about his quote and don't feel like you have to play the haggling game as he is straight up with you.

To depend on previous % discounts he has given is not fair to Tom as he has to consider his prices based on todays demands and what he has in stock, or how the factory is for ordering. You don't need to play games with Tom as he is not that kind of dealer, he gives you a price and then you make the decision, based on what others are offering. He doesn't keep bugging you or calling you once he has answered your request and waits for you to get back to him. He does return calls and emails on Mondays even though he is closed.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I agree Tom will get you the best price with no haggling. When he gave us our price he was about $6000 less that the closest other quote we got. He is so honest you really feel good about his quote and don't feel like you have to play the haggling game as he is straight up with you.

To depend on previous % discounts he has given is not fair to Tom as he has to consider his prices based on todays demands and what he has in stock, or how the factory is for ordering. You don't need to play games with Tom as he is not that kind of dealer, he gives you a price and then you make the decision, based on what others are offering. He doesn't keep bugging you or calling you once he has answered your request and waits for you to get back to him. He does return calls and emails on Mondays even though he is closed.
Thank you for helping I've been dealing with another dealership and it a complete cluster. I was not asking for people's price they paid.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydekilgore View Post
You can also email him (or fill out the form on his website). He has responded to me on a Monday so give him a try.
I filled out the contact form on the website. No response.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #28

Tom Lindstrom RV is closed on Sunday and Monday. You will be contacted by Tom soon.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote