Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
If there is anybody at the factory this week, we are looking for a status update on our ordered VTDP 3936 scheduled to begin build last Friday. It is Salsa in and out and has hardwood floors (not standard). Any observations or pictures would be greatly appreciated...........

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
dhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If there is anybody at the factory this week, we are looking for a status update on our ordered VTDP 3936 scheduled to begin build last Friday. It is Salsa in and out and has hardwood floors (not standard). Any observations or pictures would be greatly appreciated...........

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
dhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome again dhole and congrats on your new to be Newmar. Nice looking coach you have there good luck and many happy miles to come.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The International Rally is in Vermont this week. The plant may be producing, but I think most all the support/service people are at the rally. I can tell you that there are a lot (I mean really a lot) of Newmar employees at the rally.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:22 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now they will see first hand the problems we on the Newmar forum have been having lately, like the ESSEX's. NOTHING like in the field training.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #6

There were three service techs at the factory when we left. Had no problem getting things taken care of since they did not schedule anyone. Unfortunately(the prevous week) while we were there there were a lot of people with MINOR(things that could easily be handled by their dealor or themselves) issues just trying to get their time in before the 3 year warranty was up(the techs would finish a list and the customer would come up with another list day after day). Just another reason why the 3 year warranty is gone.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

I agree wholeheartedly Dave...

Same reason I bought an extended warranty...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Here in Nappanee having some issues addressed, there are coaches EVERYWHERE!!

Silly me thought October would be a slow month, but as of the last coach coming in beside me just now,there aren't any spaces left except for the overflow lot across from the service center.

The full hookup sites are the only sites with water this weekend as those water sites are deep...All the other water has been turned off for the weekend.

I know GaryKD, LugNut and I are going to be here,as well as my lurking friend but are there any others?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Here in Nappanee having some issues addressed, there are coaches EVERYWHERE!!

Silly me thought October would be a slow month, but as of the last coach coming in beside me just now,there aren't any spaces left except for the overflow lot across from the service center.

The full hookup sites are the only sites with water this weekend as those water sites are deep...All the other water has been turned off for the weekend.

I know GaryKD, LugNut and I are going to be here,as well as my lurking friend but are there any others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh Bob Just checked your location and it shows you on Rt17 in NC
Old 10-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #10

I'm here at Camp Newmar this week. Actually, right now (Monday PM) I'm sitting at Duncan RV in Elkhart awaiting some non-warranty work on Tuesday. Last night I was at an 'overflow' no-water site on Delaware, tomorrow night or Wednesday AM I'll be hoping to get a site on Arnott. However, as you said, it is REALLY crowded around there. We are scheduled to be around at least until NEXT Wednesday, the 1st of November so I sure hope we can get a full hookup.

BTW, how do you like this weather? It's been a tad nippy for us Florida folks

Hopefully we can connect...

Pat & Judy
DreamCatcher (2005 DSDP 4024)
and
Tow-Be (2006 Honda CR-V)
Pat & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Good luck with the site search on Arnott at the service center....I've resolved myself to keep this site,as although it's 30A and waterless, there are provisions here for both water fill and dumping...

Interestingly enough, there's at least one Essex down in front of the Essex service area, with electric only due to the extremely crowded conditions...

As reported earlier, only the sites at the service center have useable water,since the freeze warning has led Newmar to shut the Deleware water sites down....They're not frost free water connections up here...

My cell is (757) 650-7097 and I'll most likely be coachless by Wednesday, but I'll still be around....
Old 10-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Good luck with the site search on Arnott at the service center....I've resolved myself to keep this site,as although it's 30A and waterless, there are provisions here for both water fill and dumping...

Interestingly enough, there's at least one Essex down in front of the Essex service area, with electric only due to the extremely crowded conditions...

As reported earlier, only the sites at the service center have useable water,since the freeze warning has led Newmar to shut the Deleware water sites down....They're not frost free water connections up here...

My cell is (757) 650-7097 and I'll most likely be coachless by Wednesday, but I'll still be around....

Would enjoy meeting anyone from the site that's in the area....3 of us so far with LugNut and you folks on the way!
Old 10-24-2006, 03:39 AM   #13

For those at the factory this week, please keep an eye out for my 2007 DSDP 4307 in Sable. My dealer called Newmar yesterday and it is finishing up in paint and scheduled to leave the factory on 11/3.

The wait is almost over. One last trip in the TropiCal this weekend to Wyoming for antelope hunting then will be getting her cleaned up to trade or sell.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thats good to hear pstroke have a good PDI and good travels in your future.