Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #15

We ordered 4 folding chairs rather than the two folding and two fixed in our 2015 DS. Our coach was delivered with two folding and two fixed. We offered to leave the two fixed if they gave us two more folding. Newmar said no problem and just sent us two more folding chairs. We ultimately left the two fixed chairs in the house we sold. Folding are more comfy and more convenient, YMMV.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
I don't find the fixed dinette chairs to be very comfortable, and actually prefer the folding chairs. The back on the folding chairs is almost vertical making it difficult for me to relax in them. By comparison, the folding chairs have quite a bit more angle to them, which is what my back prefers. It will certainly be a matter of personal preference.
Do both chairs have the same sitting height? can't really tell from the pic.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
I will check this afternoon but I think the fixed back chairs were slightly higher due to the "poofiness" of the bottom cushion. But not by much.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #18

We removed our fixed chairs after first week, and have been using folding chairs since than. The fixed chairs are bulky, when we are on the road we fold the chairs and put them on the bed. One less thing to move around.
Kevin
2016 Dutch Star 4018
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #19

Spartan Chassis
Try looking at STAKMORE folding chairs. Stakmore Folding Chairs - Foter
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just bought a pair of these from Bed, Bath & Beyond for $114.99 minus 20% off and free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Stakmore-Arts...Folding+Chairs
Old 10-20-2016, 11:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
The fixed back chairs are about 2" higher due to the bottom cushion. I hadn't really noticed this until the question came up. Although I prefer the looks of the fixed chair, my vote still goes to the folding chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	142127  
Old 10-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #22

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #23

It might depend on what year you will be buying. Ours didn't have the triangle piece at the seat that Dutch Star Don's photos show and we thought they were comfortable - both types were for us.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #24

We scotchgarded our fixed chairs before we even sat in them. Hopefully that will help with the staining. However after our first week out, I too found them very uncomfortable. The same triangular piece on the junction between the seat and the back bothered me. We have the buffet table with the file drawers and computer pull out shelves and use the table as a computer station as well as a dining table. Sitting at the computer for three or four hours is not comfortable. I was even wondering if I could put my small size Aeron chair in the RV.

2017 Newmar DSDP 4018
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ
charperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #25

Send a message via ICQ to drhines
When we ordered our 15 DS we had them to cover dinnette chairs in matching leather. These chairs are the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in. I hate them. We were at the Newmar factory for warranty work and we mentioned the bad leather on the recliners. Newmar said they had a a bad run of leather and they would replace all furniture in the coach with new upgraded leather including drivers and passenger seats. After much discussion about the terrible uncomfortable chairs, I ask them to replace the dinnette chairs with the London Aire chairs. They did that at no extra charge and we are now happy campers. They used the London Aire style chair and did the frame in matching cherry wood and and put matching new leather on them.
drhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
As I stated earlier, I removed the booth and added the dinette. I wish I had known how uncomfortable the fixed chairs were before I ordered them. The fixed chairs are insanely expensive for the junk that they are. They are $845.00 each. When we decided we couldn't stand them anymore, it was cheaper to buy four new chairs than to buy two more folding, especially since the ugly material on the 2014's would have to be replaced. All four are sitting in the garage waiting to go on Craigslist.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhines View Post
When we ordered our 15 DS we had them to cover dinnette chairs in matching leather. These chairs are the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in. I hate them. We were at the Newmar factory for warranty work and we mentioned the bad leather on the recliners. Newmar said they had a a bad run of leather and they would replace all furniture in the coach with new upgraded leather including drivers and passenger seats. After much discussion about the terrible uncomfortable chairs, I ask them to replace the dinnette chairs with the London Aire chairs. They did that at no extra charge and we are now happy campers. They used the London Aire style chair and did the frame in matching cherry wood and and put matching new leather on them.
We are still waiting for the right time to begin RVing (full time no less), the high cost of health insurance being the main hold back from self employment to retirement. The above is one of the many reasons why when, not if, we buy, it will be a Newmar DP.
JohnRL is offline   Reply With Quote