RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Are You Missing Detailed Electric Drawings

It's been noted that some are not happy with Newmars electric pfd's, plumbing, fusing & wiring details.

Compared to when I arrived at Newmar forum its made a slow turn around that has produced the COM_NET network of items that never existed when some of us old timers got our Newmars.

Instructions for use of the COM_NET NETWORK.

Newmar has had older Owners Guides that had wiring & plumbing and some fusing diagrams provided in them.

To help some members interested I will supply in this post what I have use over the years here to do what Mod's I have done and what others have also done.

The Newmar QT's 1 & 2 & the new # 3 which follow me around below in my signature which gives access to many members MOD's or general discussions related to your Newmar's.

Many have contributed to these QT's Route66, GaryKD, DAV5942, the Hoot's and many more to numerous to name , thanks to all.

If you click on highlighted names you will be into some of their MOD's.--- Scroll back and forth in MOD links of people to pick up more MOD's.

To start here are some links that can be referenced for any Newmar:

REGULAR SLIDES AND FWS OPERATIONS FOR FUNTION FREE PROBLEMS

Problems with FWS if not done correctly.

12v battery systems------12v fusing & wiring with wiring diagrams

GAS BIRD SYSTEM

Older Gas Owners Guide DSCA GAS 1997

Newer Gas Owners Guide Canyon Star 2014

Older Owners Guide with same thing. 1997 KADP

Newer Owners Guide 2011 DSDP no wiring use top links provided.

Owners Guide MADP 2014 Silverleaf System ----These systems eliminated general wiring as we know it has cabling between systems.

As you can see very little wiring in the newer owners guides and high line coach's are into E-Plex or Silverleaf systems, the top two links can be used for most Newmars either gas or DP's.

WE NOW HAVE OWNERS GUIDES FOR 2018 BIG DIFFERENCE FROM THE 90's
As you can see no wiring diagrams or plumbing diagrams,must of all is hidden anyway, what is exposed will need the fixing or checking anyway.

One other thing since I owned my first Newmar years ago you could not take pictures while on a factory tour, well these days that has changed as you can see in these pictures taken by Redbird1, the author of the HOOT's group, "we are all waiting for his first RV fun movie", during his build of his coach, if noted you will see much of the wiring before close up of coach and the many MOD's to his speciation's for his coach worked out with Newmar staff.

And to finish if you come across one not happy with Newmar we are to be nice in his reasoning for feeling that way, that's the way of irv2 we are always happy to get information that will help our follow members on irv2.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Amazing, 007! Your hard work, and generous value to this forum continually astound me. Thank you!

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X 10 what John & Diane said! Thanks 007!
TodC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I clicked on both of the com net links and my anti virus classified both as dangerous sites containing viruses.
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi,
Newmar does not have detailed electric wiring diagrams because one of their slogans is "We mass produce in volumes of one." Newmar will cater to a customer's needs with just about any special order the customer makes. With this flexibility, even a basic wiring diagram may not be valid.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks Gary
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Denver, one of the COM_NET LINKS goes to a link explaining how to use COM_NET, may want to check your anti virus options.
Link has over 1400 hits on it without problems.
What happens when you use the links BELOW that come from COM_NET?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi,
Newmar does not have detailed electric wiring diagrams because one of their slogans is "We mass produce in volumes of one." Newmar will cater to a customer's needs with just about any special order the customer makes. With this flexibility, even a basic wiring diagram may not be valid.
I just checked with the factory and was told I would not be happy with the general wiring diagram they have. If each coach is unique then engineering must produce a diagram specific to each coach otherwise it could not be built. Why cannot I get a copy of this?
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
What Gary explained in the quote is what it is, when the coach's are built for people they may have wiring changes or additions and most wiring is run through out the coach through roof radius's and some are in made up harness's.
The wiring these days have print on them to indicate what the lead is for and where it will go in the distant end.
When you open a area like this you will see the printed wiring and what it is for and where it came from, I never needed wiring diagrams.

The links in this first post will aid you in finding what wiring diagrams there are and how to use them and find others.
COM_NET Links which I have provided many will give your wiring and fuse locations in your coach which generally are in the same locations for most DP models, as you will have.
The QT's links have many of the COM_NET LINKS that I have placed.
Your free to journey into COM_NET by following the instructions in this link.
You can find a Owners Guide for your Ventana coach so you will be ahead of the PDI you will receive.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok i have fix the links we start over.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:50 PM   #11

They do have drawings available. But they are, at least the ones that I have seen only locations of outlets, lights etc, numbered by location matched to the parts list on the same drawing. There is nothing showing wire runs.

Much like a home build. Drawings showing outlets, switches, lights with a line linking them together and maybe back to the main panel. But that doesn't show you where the actual wiring was run.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #12

I had a wiring issue recently with one of my slide controllers. Customer support could not tell me where the wire was routed, so using the 2007 wiring color list I painstakingly traced the wire until I found a bad crimp in the insulation layer in the basement roof. Luckily Newmar is still using that old list although I imagine it has changed a bit by now. So where is an updated list, I can't find it?

Luckily for us, the serious wiring of the chassis has been done by Freightliner or Spartan using harnesses that have been well documented. Just imagine if Newmar did the chassis wiring too.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You won't find it because I have not found it, so I have not updated the 2006-2007 list.
I have found with three Newmars their wiring has not changed that much for basic systems, yes newer coach's are now loaded but basics are the same.
When I was pulling apart wiring,doing MOD's I found the wiring stamped with print telling you where it came from and where its going dependant what end you were at on that wire lead.
If there is ever a change It will be posted here as long as I'am here.