Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Arrival / Departure Checklist

I just wanted to share this practical idea that my wife and I use regularly, and it works well. If this has been discussed before, sorry for the duplication ... please don't flame me

First off, my wife and I have Android based phones and we each have a Google account. The same thing can be done on Apple products using Google account and possibly Apple accounts.

I created a custom (to our particular coach) set of arrival and departure checklists in Google Keep that I have shared with my wife. The advantage to sharing the list is that we can each work through the check list and it updates each other's phone / tablet. Then, after the list is complete, it can be "reset" and used again. It's also very easy to refine the list when we find an issue. We have had good success using this method to make sure we have properly prepared the coach for travel.
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have a paper checklist in a document protector. I keep it on the steering wheel, which reminds me to use it. I hate phones, screens are too small, and one day, you will be someplace the phone wont work, no cell service, and then what do you do. Technology has been with us (PC, phones, etc) for the last 30 odd years. Before that, gosh, a pen and paper, if privileged, you had typewriter. Paper has been used for thousands of years, mankind got along fine. Thank you for the tip, many will love it, I will use paper thank you very much. Oh, not real down on tech, just know the one time I need it, it will not be there, the paper copy in the document protector, will always be right on the steering wheel where I left it, and never quit working.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Attached you will find my paper check-list. You have permission to modify or change it to suit your needs. It is a work in progress, since we won't get new MH for couple of weeks, and I will need to tweak it for that one. Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"ScotS".....Good use of a list where you share the contents and can check things off from either phone. Probably something every new RVer should start with so they don't miss anything. Especially things that can cause damage to the coach.

My wife and I both have our chores we do before departure. She makes sure things are secured in the bedroom and bathroom and I make sure things are ready to travel in the main cabin. For us, we've been RVing for 43 years and got pretty good at just each doing our thing and being able to depart a site in under 20 minutes.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #5

DW used RVChecklist for years. Easily customizable, worked well.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
Attached you will find my paper check-list. You have permission to modify or change it to suit your needs. It is a work in progress, since we won't get new MH for couple of weeks, and I will need to tweak it for that one. Enjoy!

Great list for all the house/coach systems.

Do you have another list you use for the vehicle systems? (Checking tire pressure, oil level, air brake check, etc.)?
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:55 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We use Our Groceries app for our checklist. Just like google app list is live and if I do something it is removed from DW list in real time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #8

I'm not real techy, but I have a checklist for "breaking camp" and one for "setting up camp" using notes in my I-phone.

My DW has her responsibilities on each list and I have mine. We try to do things the exact same way each time. The main reason I made up the current lists was due to several things that were different on the Newmar compared to what we were used to. For example, the Oasis system, plus the order of when you put the slides in and out.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I have a Toad set up list too. I got to find that one, as we have not towed it in two seasons. We were going to drive it out to OR to get new MH, but roads are a mess, and the costs are about the same to fly. Everything is a choice some good, some bad. No toad, no emergency transportation, also no 1,000.00 expenses driving across the USA again twice.

To now answer question, when we stop or RON, I check oil, coolant, and look for any leaks under and around coach (also look under during day at rest stops). Check connections if towing, feel tires for excessive heat, and smell around things too. Look into engine bay visually to see if anything is amiss.