Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Just parked at Newmar. Lots of coaches here. Wondering if any irv2 members are around.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Just parked at Newmar. Lots of coaches here. Wondering if any irv2 members are around.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #3

Hi Scott:

Flying into Chicago Sunday afternoon for my PDI Monday on our new Essex Would like to meet you or any iRV2 members there.

On a side note....

Does anyone have any experience with car rental agencies as far as nearest drop off for return?
Taxi---maybe?

Ernie
g_essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #4

I rented a car from Hertz in October. They paid the cab ride from Newmar to Elkhart. The cab cost $30+. Check with the local Hertz office before you do this.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #5

Scott, if you need a layover on the way back to Buffalo, I have a 1 site campground on my property that my be available next week (if the snow melts). My MA will still be in my warehouse until Wednesday. We are situated approximately 20 minutes from the Ohio Turnpike.

Newmar Mountain Aire
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I have used Enterprise out of Goshen. I believe it is closer to Nappanee, about 20 minutes. They pick-up drop-off.

574-875-7820

Make a reservation. I got the last car they had when I was here last time as Bob can attest. He had to be my chauffer while I waited for the car.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Jerry. I will contact you via PM if I need a stopover. It would be nice to meet someone new.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Will be at factory in two weeks need to know what the local forecast will be for that time period
Do they expect the weather to finely warm up or should I bring my long johns coming up from Florda

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #9

Scott, my brother is considering buying my identical MH used (2006 MADP 4304) or a new 2007 DSDP 4304. Any comments or suggestions? He lives in western Michigan so he has easy access to Spartan, Newmar and his dealer.

By the way, I am located a few miles south of I-90 and 271. We got dumped on with snow last night so my site is a little snowy.

Newmar Mountain Aire
Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">should I bring my long johns coming up from Florda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are coming to Indiana anytime from October through April, ALWAYS bring them. With any luck, you can just sneer at them. At least we're not Minnesota, where they have 10 months of winter and 2 months of poor skiing. (Notice the missing ski poles?)

By the way, they're just cleaning up from a big snow and ice storm that closed roads and airports here in Changchun China, too. Seems that even halfway around the world, you just can't get away from it!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I still believe that the DSDP 43' is the most coach for your money. An excellent balance between amenities, chassis and cost. It also looks like a higher end coach. I have had several comments from others about mine, including Peter when I first got it last fall.

However, if there is comfort drive and the K2 on the MADP, I'd go w/that. Also, if it's used, all the bugs are worked out, and a big depreciation hit is already taken, would seem like a good bet. Make sure it has the fan belt change done. I have found out that the MADP is the favorite of many employees at Newmar.

A potential down side is stepping up to a MADP but, not to 45'. That extra 2' may be worth the extra cost. Also, if your son has young children, the higher/more posh level of trim may not be worth it. I know that was a consideration for us.

Or wait for a 2008 DSDP w/CD standard. I love my coach but, CD seems like it is a whole new driving experience. Also, many of the extras that I got are now available on '08.

If your son decides on a 2007 or '08 DSDP, I'd be happy to speak with him or exchange emails on options. For example, I got a mid-ship TV but, there was a down side; lost square footage and a tight walkway as the fridge had to be pushed in.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #12

I will be arriving Sunday afternoon for some warrenty repair on my mountain aire. I would like to meet anyone from the forum also.

Unclejohn
unclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Just got into camp newmar be here for about 4-5 days. Any members here let me know

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by read & learn:
Just got into camp newmar be here for about 4-5 days. Any members here let me know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be sure and say hello to the ladies from me!!

Route 66 and myself have appointments for the first week of June....

I LOVE Camp Newmar!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote