RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #1

Atwood Levelegs

My holding tanks don't empty completely when the MH is level, so I have been running up onto boards to raise one side. However, it would be easier if I could use the levelers to do this, but the Atwood Levelegs manual only describes how to level the coach using the auto feature. Is there a way to lower one or two legs on one side only? Thanks.

RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Bob, you can manually raise the coach unevenly using the Atwood Levelegs, I do it with mine this way: With the levelers retracted, press Extend, then All, this will lower the legs to the ground. When the levelers stop and the green lights are steady green (if I remember correctly) you can press Extend again and press the buttons corresponding to front, rear, left and right to unlevel the coach.

Also, I found that the gray tank was not supported very well and had a bow in the bottom which held a significant amount gray water, I reworked the wood supports, added some support under where the bowing occurred and this resolved most of the problem. The gray water tank still empties slowly but at least it empties fully now.

Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #3

Thanks, Stewart. I'll take a look at the tank supports--I suspect my configuration is the same as yours.
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looking at this PDF page 31 you manually lower jack with a wrench. I see no electrical means of lowering just two jacks on same chassis rail.
If you can do it as Stewart says I would be careful of twisting the chassis frame and popping windshield.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE="007";821378 I see no electrical means of lowering just two jacks on same chassis rail.If you can do it as Stewart says I would be careful of twisting the chassis frame and popping windshield.[/QUOTE]

It works as Stewart described, what he left out is that you can only extend a pair of jacks at a time, not individually......either two front, two rear, two drivers side or two pass. side. Suspect that is to prevent the twisting that 007 refers to.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandS View Post
It works as Stewart described, what he left out is that you can only extend a pair of jacks at a time, not individually......either two front, two rear, two drivers side or two pass. side. Suspect that is to prevent the twisting that 007 refers to.
Yes, that is what I was referring to. In my case, raising the RV's front jack pair all the way drained my gray tank better. Of course the front wheels were off the ground at the dump station.

Nowadays I dump at home into a cleanout I installed next to the RV so I don't have to worry about long dump times.

Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote