Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

battery switch for inside not working

Hi,
I have a Ventana 4333 2009.
My husband passed away a few weeks ago and he didn't have the chance to "unwinter" the motorhome and was too sick to go inside after the automn.
It's for sale, and I have a potentiel customer who's supposed to come and visit it, but there's a trouble: when we put the switch for the inside of the motorhome, the warning light stays on about half a second and comes off.
So, nothing's working inside, no step coming out, no light, nothing.
These 2 x 6 v. batteries (for the inside) are full charge and good, and the motor is running perfect.
Somebody had this trouble and can help me?

Mireille
mireillec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #2

Bonjour Mireille,
Sorry to hear about your loss. If I understand correctly when you put the "house power switch" "ON" it doesn't stay "ON" and. Is the motorhome power cable connected to a 120 volt AC outlet? Or are you relying solely on the house batteries?
Paul
Plantagenet ON
tyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #3

Hi Tyka,
Yes, that's it: the house power switch doesn't stay "on".
The motorhome power cable is connected to my house 120 v. outlet.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #4

A mechanic guy who's making repairs in campgrounds came and checked that and didn't find the reason it's not working.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry for your loss.

If this is the switch you are talking about:

When you hit the use button the red led above it will come on when cut-off relay operates connecting your batteries. BATTERY CUT-OFF SWITCH You may have a problem with the relay. Keep trying to operate the store-use switch it may cut through eventually, constant operation may clean contacts on relay.
The other half of that rocker switch will disconnect the batteries in store position.
The top switch will read the charge of your batteries as it says.
If you have the coach plugged into house 110 outlet you should have all lights working off the converter even if your batteries were not fully charged after operating battery cut-off switch.
There is also a switch in same area as batt cut-off switch for the steps to operate and to hold steps out when you close the door.
You may have a Mobile RV Repairman in your area that maybe able to help you out if there is a problem.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #6

Thank you so much to you as well for your response.
Yes, that's the switch. We did try that, and a Mobile RV Repairman came yesterday, to no avail.
My son is leaving for VR St-Cyr as it is. I had the chance they said to come right away when I called.
Mireille
Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #7

Bonjour Mireille
It's nice to know you have a son to help you with all this. Good luck with VR St-Cyr and please let us know if they found the problem.
Paul
tyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #8

Yes, I'm lucky. This son is a trucker, so, no problem for him to drive that "wagon".
Will let you know how it turns out at St-Cyr.
Mireille
Old 05-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mireille
I am sure Cr St-Cyr (a Newmar Dealer) close to Moontréal, will be able to solve your problem

Good Luck
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #10

Hi Rene,
My son just called me from VR St-Cyr. They keep the motorhome, as it's an electrical trouble and they need the Newmar schema and moreover, it's Holiday on Monday in the US due to the Memorial Day.
They'll "unwinterize" the rv, and make the Newmar recall I had received last week about the cruise control, and they'll fix a wiper part my husband had ordered a few months ago.
I'm lucky in a way, because they didn't take any appointments before the end of July and they pass me in between other customers.

Tags
battery