Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bay Star 3124 Cargo Bay Gets Hot When Running Generator

2019 Bay Star. Noticed that the cargo bay wall just aft of the generator compartment gets really hot when running the generator. Be careful not to place anything that is flammable/combustible near that wall. I don't have a thermometer, but am guessing that the wall exceeds 150 degrees.
jl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #2

Thanks for that info. I imagine the adjacent compartments will get hot with the generator running. I'll have to check that out on my Bay Star.

So how do you like your Bay Star so far?
mvintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have not had it long, made one trip and took it to the dealer for some warranty work where it has sat going on 3 weeks. Overall, it was a good choice but not sure about this SoCal dealer. This forum definitely has some good info, especially on slide outs and levelers. Looking forward to another road trip next week.
JL
Old 11-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #4

Mine also spent 3 weeks at the dealer having warranty items corrected and I am still pleased that I bought it. Well, not pleased that I spent that much money but pleased with respect that I like the ability to travel without getting near an airport, I can take all my stuff with me and the wife has a bathroom she can use anytime she likes.

There is a whole lot of information on this forum and plenty of folks who take the time to help one another when someone posts a question. I find I spend more time here than I should but always learn something new about my coach and RV'ing in particular.

I will add one piece of advice that many coach owners - not Newmar in particular - have offered, and that is whenever you leave the coach unoccupied, unlatch one of the front side windows. I am not the only person that has been locked out of their motorhome because the door latch mechanism has malfunctioned.
mvintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #5

Try to get some insulation like they use under the hood of some cars and attach it to the gen side of the bay wall.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the tip on the window. Getting locked out on the maiden voyage sucks.

Tags
generator