Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtraveler View Post
I purchased the 3rd twist on valve and when I put it on it twists on and off very easy. Wondering if they are suppose to be easy to put on. Normally I would have to turn it on fairly hard to lock in place. It swivels to put it in the position I want but again does not feel tight when I put it on. Is that normal? Thanks
Mine twists off fairly easily too. I ended up taping it in place with Gorilla tape. I can still remove it if need be but doesn't try to twist off when I remove the stinky slinky.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Mine twists off fairly easily too. I ended up taping it in place with Gorilla tape. I can still remove it if need be but doesn't try to twist off when I remove the stinky slinky.
The valve should have some tightness otherwise it will not seal. Try running some grey water from the tank to see if it leaks.
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
It doesn't leak at all, I've run the macerator with a tank full of black water pushing against it. I just don't want it to come off at an inopportune time.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
It doesn't leak at all, I've run the macerator with a tank full of black water pushing against it. I just don't want it to come off at an inopportune time.
I have taped it and am going to try it today. When turning the valve up the way I would like it positioned it twisted just a little. Makes me a little concerned. It won't move now but am not sure if I should take the tape off and redo it or leave it alone!
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #19

rbtaxs

We have a 2014 baystar and I also get a discharge surprise when setting up and when I uncap the black water and gray water outlet. It is very unpleasant to say the least as there is always some sewage that seems to be in the line even though I use the black water flush. I just purchased a replacement cap that has a small screw cap built into the replacement cap. My thought is to unscrew the small cap and place the sewer line under it to catch any discharge and then unscrew the replacement cap. Of course the objective is to not have any nasty surprise when taking off the outlet cap from the coach. Hard to believe that Newmar didn't fix this issue.
rbtaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtaxs View Post
We have a 2014 baystar and I also get a discharge surprise when setting up and when I uncap the black water and gray water outlet. It is very unpleasant to say the least as there is always some sewage that seems to be in the line even though I use the black water flush. I just purchased a replacement cap that has a small screw cap built into the replacement cap. My thought is to unscrew the small cap and place the sewer line under it to catch any discharge and then unscrew the replacement cap. Of course the objective is to not have any nasty surprise when taking off the outlet cap from the coach. Hard to believe that Newmar didn't fix this issue.
The 3rd valve outlet sounds like a better way to go. You should only need to hook the hose up, pull the 3rd valve and then the main valve. I will be trying mine for the first time here soon and let you know how it works.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #21

2903 Baystar Drain

Thanks so much for the info for the 3rd valve on the drain for the sewer and grey water tanks. I am off tomorrow and when I drain again and hopefully have no problems I will be a very happy camper!!! Something so simple but something I would not of thought of. Thanks again!

Tags
tank