Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
micbob4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 275
Baystar arrived

Well after so many months of planning I apparently put down wrong wood color. I'm so upset. Wanted dark Calypso instead of light maple. Contemplating walking away from deal. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34961.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	208141   Click image for larger version

Name:	34962.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	208142  

Click image for larger version

Name:	34963.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	208143   Click image for larger version

Name:	34965.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	208144  

__________________

__________________
2018 Baystar 3414 - Delivery June 2018
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
JT Oregon's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 194
Oh no... We picked Carmel Glazed Cherry, which was the in-between color for our model. It does look very light. But maybe it will grow on you.
__________________

__________________
John & Teri - Oregon
2018 Ventana 4369
JT Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
micbob4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Oregon View Post
Oh no... We picked Carmel Glazed Cherry, which was the in-between color for our model. It does look very light. But maybe it will grow on you.
Thanks. Was thinking the same, but at this price point I don't think I want to try and grow into it. But will think about it over the weekend.
__________________
2018 Baystar 3414 - Delivery June 2018
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 9
Oh,no! So sorry! What a difficult decision. I like the darker wood, too. But I also think it will be dated first as everything in interior design has started trending lighter now. Both are beautiful. Good luck with the decision but wanted to share that thought.
RoamerDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
yogus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 200
I like it.

We had dark brown cabinets in our S & B. The house was custom and 5 years old. I painted them white and the kitchen looks brand new. Saved thousands on putting new ones in.

I like the lighter look. More light, easier to find your underwear...
__________________
2017 Canyon Star 3914
yogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,029
I think it looks good, and I would be happy with it as it makes the interior look more open. I'm not sure you can cancel the deal if it was an ordered MH. If they put in the wrong color that is one thing, but if it's what you ordered than you might not have the choice. Double check your original order before going too far.
__________________
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
micbob4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I think it looks good, and I would be happy with it as it makes the interior look more open. I'm not sure you can cancel the deal if it was an ordered MH. If they put in the wrong color that is one thing, but if it's what you ordered than you might not have the choice. Double check your original order before going too far.
Thanks, getting over initial shock. But family likes it better then first choice. So things are good. I could walk away but would lose deposit.
__________________
2018 Baystar 3414 - Delivery June 2018
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
HavingABlast's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,316
Hopefully you are done beating yourself up for not checking g the correct box. Who amongst us hasnít kicked ourselves for doing something like that. You have a beautiful coach. Gather up your family and make some happy memories. It is cliche, but so very true: life is short. Donít waste it worrying about the small stuff.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
purrin along's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Key Largo Fl./Ft Mill Sc
Posts: 619
We have the lighter maple in ours and it looks good.Remember darker makes the area look smaller,even with cabinets not just walls.
__________________
Barry & Martha
2014 Bay Star Sport 2702
2018 Harley ultra Limited / 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
Community Moderator
 
JMonroe's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Santa Fe Skies, Santa Fe New Mexico
Posts: 7,152
I know your taste and ours may not be the same, but we prefer the light colors. Keeps the interior of a small space from looking like a cave.

Again, this may not be of any solace for you, but I really like it.
__________________
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 94
Love that layout.

Congrats on the new coach if you decide to keep it.
Gumpster808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #12
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 539
Xís many. Looks great! Really like the lighter colors. Get out there and enjoy it.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #13
Newmarian
 
NealC's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,268
Congrats, it looks great. I'm sorry to hear of the mistake but here are a few thoughts I'm sure you've already thought of:

1) It still gets you there, enjoy it for its purpose, camping.
2) Be very up front with your salesman. If you really don't want it, see if you can work something out with them selling it and you ordering another now or when it sells but hold your deposit for that time or whatever you can do to work with each other. If he knows he still has your business they may be able to work with you.
3) If you did order another today, i.e. a 2019, you are probably going to pay much more due to price increases, etc. in 2019's so keep that in mind too, which may equate to your deposit amount not knowing how much you had to put down. I'm not sure too a new model year will get you the same discount off of MSRP so that weighs in as well. review all the numbers.
4) Take it, sell it on your own immediately if desired, your loss may or may not be the same as the deposit amount
5) Take a deep breath, don't do anything too fast or irrational, communicate and weigh your options carefully.
__________________
Neal (and Sam - yellow lab)
2017 Newmar Ventana 4037 with 1800W Solar | 2017 Chevy Colorado with Blue OX/AF1

NealC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Congrats, it looks great. I'm sorry to hear of the mistake but here are a few thoughts I'm sure you've already thought of:

1) It still gets you there, enjoy it for its purpose, camping.
2) Be very up front with your salesman. If you really don't want it, see if you can work something out with them selling it and you ordering another now or when it sells but hold your deposit for that time or whatever you can do to work with each other. If he knows he still has your business they may be able to work with you.
3) If you did order another today, i.e. a 2019, you are probably going to pay much more due to price increases, etc. in 2019's so keep that in mind too, which may equate to your deposit amount not knowing how much you had to put down. I'm not sure too a new model year will get you the same discount off of MSRP so that weighs in as well. review all the numbers.
4) Take it, sell it on your own immediately if desired, your loss may or may not be the same as the deposit amount
5) Take a deep breath, don't do anything too fast or irrational, communicate and weigh your options carefully.
Hi, we pick up our 3414 in 8 days! The wait had been excruciating. We ordered the dark cabinets, but I think the light is really handsome. It doesn't appear to be as dramatic as the dark, but I'm thinking the lighter might be easier to live with in the long run. If you keep it I hope to have the privilege of seeing you on the road..... I think it beautiful.
__________________

Rescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baystar vs Baystar Sport Larry201 Newmar Owner's Forum 15 04-12-2018 11:06 AM
Just arrived barbless New Member Check-In 9 01-28-2009 03:36 PM
Arrived at Cypress Woods Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' Newmar Owner's Forum 5 01-19-2009 07:11 AM
We Have Arrived MikeT Northeast Region 9 10-09-2005 09:15 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.