Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Baystar arrived

Well after so many months of planning I apparently put down wrong wood color. I'm so upset. Wanted dark Calypso instead of light maple. Contemplating walking away from deal. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34961.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	208141   Click image for larger version

Name:	34962.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	208142  

Click image for larger version

Name:	34963.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	208143   Click image for larger version

Name:	34965.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	208144  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh no... We picked Carmel Glazed Cherry, which was the in-between color for our model. It does look very light. But maybe it will grow on you.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Oregon View Post
Oh no... We picked Carmel Glazed Cherry, which was the in-between color for our model. It does look very light. But maybe it will grow on you.
Thanks. Was thinking the same, but at this price point I don't think I want to try and grow into it. But will think about it over the weekend.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #4

Oh,no! So sorry! What a difficult decision. I like the darker wood, too. But I also think it will be dated first as everything in interior design has started trending lighter now. Both are beautiful. Good luck with the decision but wanted to share that thought.
RoamerDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #5

I like it.

We had dark brown cabinets in our S & B. The house was custom and 5 years old. I painted them white and the kitchen looks brand new. Saved thousands on putting new ones in.

I like the lighter look. More light, easier to find your underwear...
Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #6

I think it looks good, and I would be happy with it as it makes the interior look more open. I'm not sure you can cancel the deal if it was an ordered MH. If they put in the wrong color that is one thing, but if it's what you ordered than you might not have the choice. Double check your original order before going too far.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
I think it looks good, and I would be happy with it as it makes the interior look more open. I'm not sure you can cancel the deal if it was an ordered MH. If they put in the wrong color that is one thing, but if it's what you ordered than you might not have the choice. Double check your original order before going too far.
Thanks, getting over initial shock. But family likes it better then first choice. So things are good. I could walk away but would lose deposit.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

Hopefully you are done beating yourself up for not checking g the correct box. Who amongst us hasnít kicked ourselves for doing something like that. You have a beautiful coach. Gather up your family and make some happy memories. It is cliche, but so very true: life is short. Donít waste it worrying about the small stuff.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #9

We have the lighter maple in ours and it looks good.Remember darker makes the area look smaller,even with cabinets not just walls.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I know your taste and ours may not be the same, but we prefer the light colors. Keeps the interior of a small space from looking like a cave.

Again, this may not be of any solace for you, but I really like it.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #11

Love that layout.

Congrats on the new coach if you decide to keep it.
Gumpster808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #12

Xís many. Looks great! Really like the lighter colors. Get out there and enjoy it.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #13
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats, it looks great. I'm sorry to hear of the mistake but here are a few thoughts I'm sure you've already thought of:

1) It still gets you there, enjoy it for its purpose, camping.
2) Be very up front with your salesman. If you really don't want it, see if you can work something out with them selling it and you ordering another now or when it sells but hold your deposit for that time or whatever you can do to work with each other. If he knows he still has your business they may be able to work with you.
3) If you did order another today, i.e. a 2019, you are probably going to pay much more due to price increases, etc. in 2019's so keep that in mind too, which may equate to your deposit amount not knowing how much you had to put down. I'm not sure too a new model year will get you the same discount off of MSRP so that weighs in as well. review all the numbers.
4) Take it, sell it on your own immediately if desired, your loss may or may not be the same as the deposit amount
5) Take a deep breath, don't do anything too fast or irrational, communicate and weigh your options carefully.

NealC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Congrats, it looks great. I'm sorry to hear of the mistake but here are a few thoughts I'm sure you've already thought of:

1) It still gets you there, enjoy it for its purpose, camping.
2) Be very up front with your salesman. If you really don't want it, see if you can work something out with them selling it and you ordering another now or when it sells but hold your deposit for that time or whatever you can do to work with each other. If he knows he still has your business they may be able to work with you.
3) If you did order another today, i.e. a 2019, you are probably going to pay much more due to price increases, etc. in 2019's so keep that in mind too, which may equate to your deposit amount not knowing how much you had to put down. I'm not sure too a new model year will get you the same discount off of MSRP so that weighs in as well. review all the numbers.
4) Take it, sell it on your own immediately if desired, your loss may or may not be the same as the deposit amount
5) Take a deep breath, don't do anything too fast or irrational, communicate and weigh your options carefully.
Hi, we pick up our 3414 in 8 days! The wait had been excruciating. We ordered the dark cabinets, but I think the light is really handsome. It doesn't appear to be as dramatic as the dark, but I'm thinking the lighter might be easier to live with in the long run. If you keep it I hope to have the privilege of seeing you on the road..... I think it beautiful.

Rescar is offline   Reply With Quote