RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
HP noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
The repair of the heat pump was a success. Runs quiet and no longer vibrates the whole coach. Used it every day this week while on a trip along the Oregon coast. Never did turn on the furnace.

Lundy
Sorry if I missed this earlier in the post. Can you please point me to the fix. Our 2012 Ventana LE units are very loud.

plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #58

Thanks padre 44, I'll have to do some "tweaking" and see if I can improve my deflector. Lundy...refresh me as to where you had the heat pump worked on. Any idea what they did to quiet things down? Thanks in advance Did Newmar stand behind you and take care of the repairs?

yes2baystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #59

The way they fixed the Heat Pump was to add a spacer gasket to the rear of the unit (on roof). I did not get the material that was used but I can't believe the difference. I live in Vancouver, WA and the facilitiy was called R.V. Pro. They are an independent repair facility that Newmar now recognizes because they do not have a dealer in this area. If you would like more specifics, email me at gar39deb37@earthlink.net.

Lundy
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #60

How the Heat Pump vibration was solved.

Because of the many inquiries made directly to me, I decided to respond in this forum in case others, who may have the same heat pump noise issue, can see what I have done.

This morning, I made a trip to the facility that solved my problem with vibration to see exactly what they did. It is so simple that it is almost embarrassing telling about it.

The way the heat pump/airconditioning is built, the portion of the unit that goes through the roof is not centered front to back - therefore, there is a definate overhang towards the rear of the unit. It is, therefore, off balance. The repair was to support the rear overhang. They took a regular roof a/c gasket and cut it into strips and wedged it under the overhang. The gasket has a self adhesive surface which hold it in place. This prevents the unsupported portion of the unit from vibrating.

How simple is that?

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote