Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaliel Kid View Post
Mike, you are correct, but Newmar changed to 24K this year - it is updated on their website for 35 foot models only on the Baystar.

Thanks for asking.

Mickey
Thanks, good to know.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 02:55 PM   #16

Looked at BS first. Did NOT want a full slide or slide under the awning.

Got the CS for king bed, fiberglass roof, extra bath, and big fridge. And only wanted 2 slides.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we really enjoy our 3710 canyon star, and im sure you will enjoy which ever model you choose.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What size tires does the BS use. I know the CS has 22.5" tires.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
What size tires does the BS use. I know the CS has 22.5" tires.
jt
Harley, the Bay Star has 22.5 tires also. The 24 K Chassis has the same steel rating, same axle congfiguration, same braking and springs as 26 K does. The 24 and 26 Chassis have the same tires - which are larger than the 22K chassis.

Canyon Star has more standard features and some options not available on the Bay Star. It really comes down to what a person wants.

Many of the luxury cars come standard with sun roofs - but I hate them - so I buy one step down - why pay for something you don't want - right.

Fortunately, Bay Star is very similar and it only misses two options we want - so it is hard to justify paying $15 k for corian range cover and passenger power seat. Fiberglass roof is ok, but we have had Brite tek for 10 years on our DSDP and been very happy with it. We would like wood finish cabinets, but again just can't see the difference for the cost.

We don't expect to use this coach like we once did the DS, we look at shorter trips and shorter stays. I like both, and it really comes down to what we can get that fits.

One last thought, I really like the new Tiffen 36 UA plan! It has Tiffen's first full body slide and you get a lot more standard features for less money than Newmar offers. It has 4K TV's and has four TV's total including the exterior one. Plus nicer Frig with ice maker, standard solid wood cabinetry and standard fiberglass roof. Just thought I would pass that info along to people looking. I have been very satisfied with Newmar - so I think I will stay with Newmar - if I can get the options I want on the plan we want.

Thanks to everyone for your input!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #20

Bay Stat or Canyon Star the best place to purchase is from Mr. Newmar that being Tom Lindstrom RV. He sells a lot of both model and can answer your questions and give the best customer service/price. Tom's cell # is 818-383-8895 and can also be contacted at tlrv.net.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaliel Kid View Post
So what do you get that is noticeable for the money. 26K Chassis versus 24K Chassis, upgraded driver and passenger seats, fiberglass roof, solid surface counter top level cook top, chrome exterior trim, upgraded toilet, upgraded plumbing fixtures, 60 amp converter instead of 45 amp converter, water filter for entire coach and 10 gallon versus 6 gallon water heater.
If someone had offered me a Canyon Star version of our exact motorhome for $17k more, it would have been really tempting. The CS is another notch up in all-around niceness and amenities.

In our case, we had a similar debate, paying around $17k more for BS vs BSS. For us it was worth it to get 22.5 wheels, convection micro, oven delete, mcd shades, variable speed vent fans w/rain sensor, solid state counters, vinyl tile floor. These were all worth it.

Another $17k for the items quoted above, probably would not have been worth it for us, in the end. Still tempting, though!
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote