Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #1

Bella Terra RV Resort of Gulf Shores

Anyone been there? Nice? Things to do around the area? Thanks
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #2

Nice park and a great area, haven't been there in a couple of years. Lots of great places to eat, we like Doc's Seafood, it used to be where the locals eat. LuLu's down on the water is fun. Check out Heritage RV resort while you're there, it's nice also

Have fun
cinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

I think Buena Vista is the best of them all in Orange Beach. It’s pricy but worth it.
Rolano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post

Nice place... semi reasonable rates... 20 minutes from beach area. It's sort of a "summer" area vs this time of year. Check the weather. Gulf water temp is about 58 degrees.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #5

We are there now. Booked in for the month of Jan. Resort looks to be about 80% full with most people like us looking for a warmer pace. We have been coming here since it opened 10 years ago. One of our favorites. Bill
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:34 AM   #6

We spend a month just north of there every fall just before migrating into SW Florida. That whole area is less crowded and less expensive than southern Florida in the winter, just not as good of temps. Today for example that area will hit 70 (above normal) and we will hit 80 (also above normal).

A ton of stuff to do in that general area. Mobile has a lot to offer and it isn't that far of a drive.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:00 AM   #7

We have had several Prevost rallies there and it's a very nice Resort.

Bellengrath Gardens is a great place to see that is across the Alabama Bay. You can take a ferrry across which is a lot closer than taking the bridge which is at the top of the bay.

From their site:
"Bellingrath Gardens and Home is the 65-acre public garden and historic home of Walter and Bessie Bellingrath, located on the Fowl River near Mobile, Alabama. Walter Bellingrath was one of the first Coca-Cola bottlers in the Southeast, and with his wealth built the estate garden and home."

Have fun!
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #8

There's also Gulf State Park a lot closer to the water. Large sites; excellent biking if you carry one …. and walking trails; fishing pier; close to town.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We have owned a lot there since 2010. Nice spacing between lots. Stores, restaurants, OWA amusement park all close by. Beach about 5 miles away. Fort Morgan is a short drive and interesting historic site. Resort is quiet and well maintained
Old 01-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #10

Heritage Resort

Wife and I stay at Heritage Motor coach resort. Its located off Canal rd in Orange beach. It is located directly on St Johns water area. Has a marina to walkout onto and view sunsets and dolphins. Has a private beach to enjoy and great local restaurants near by.
msinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #11
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post
Hi Wayne and Janice!

I spent 5 weeks at Bella Terra last year and I am here now for a short visit as I head west tomorrow. Bella Terra is easy to get to, the sites are large, 2 dog parks and they treat guests no differently than owners so very inclusive when it comes to resort activities.

Regarding things to do in the area, drive out to Fort Morgan and walk the grounds. You can bring Cody. Also another outside activity is to bike or walk (again dog friendly so you can bring Cody) the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail. My pups loved both. If you have time take a day a drive to Fairhope. It's not far and it's a cute little town. Have lunch at a bistro there and walk to the pier and park (or drive). You can always go to the Wharf and of course there is the beach. Water activities are everywhere....paddleboarding, kayaking, waterskiing, dolphin tours. If you are into amusement parks, OWA is in Foley. I can't say anything about it as I haven't been there. A definite worth doing is driving to Pensacola and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum and watch the Blue Angels practice. And if you want to load up on seafood, stop at Joe Patti's. This place is huge with a wide selection of fish, shrimp, royal red shrimp, etc.

I quickly learned you cannot leave the area without having a Bushwhacker. It's like leaving north Montana without trying the Huckleberries. Yah just have to do it. If you don't drink alcohol, then don't leave the area without having bread pudding.

Dinner at Louisiana Lagniappe (pecan crusted grouper and their bread pudding is worth cheating for). For breakfast or brunch, Brick & Spoon is a must. If you are into meat, Jesse's restaurant in Magnolia Springs (not far) is the place to go. There are plenty of seafood options there too. Big Fish Restaurant is also very good. Don't let it's location in a strip center fool you. It has great food and a patio if you want to eat outside. For a local flair, you can't go wrong at The Tin Top Restaurant. For a casual cocktail outside with a nice view of the Bay, Anchor Bar and Grill was fun.

Hope that helps!

Renee
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:27 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARD View Post
Hi Wayne and Janice!

I spent 5 weeks at Bella Terra last year and I am here now for a short visit as I head west tomorrow. Bella Terra is easy to get to, the sites are large, 2 dog parks and they treat guests no differently than owners so very inclusive when it comes to resort activities.

Regarding things to do in the area, drive out to Fort Morgan and walk the grounds. You can bring Cody. Also another outside activity is to bike or walk (again dog friendly so you can bring Cody) the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail. My pups loved both. If you have time take a day a drive to Fairhope. It's not far and it's a cute little town. Have lunch at a bistro there and walk to the pier and park (or drive). You can always go to the Wharf and of course there is the beach. Water activities are everywhere....paddleboarding, kayaking, waterskiing, dolphin tours. If you are into amusement parks, OWA is in Foley. I can't say anything about it as I haven't been there. A definite worth doing is driving to Pensacola and visit the National Naval Aviation Museum and watch the Blue Angels practice. And if you want to load up on seafood, stop at Joe Patti's. This place is huge with a wide selection of fish, shrimp, royal red shrimp, etc.

I quickly learned you cannot leave the area without having a Bushwhacker. It's like leaving north Montana without trying the Huckleberries. Yah just have to do it. If you don't drink alcohol, then don't leave the area without having bread pudding.

Dinner at Louisiana Lagniappe (pecan crusted grouper and their bread pudding is worth cheating for). For breakfast or brunch, Brick & Spoon is a must. If you are into meat, Jesse's restaurant in Magnolia Springs (not far) is the place to go. There are plenty of seafood options there too. Big Fish Restaurant is also very good. Don't let it's location in a strip center fool you. It has great food and a patio if you want to eat outside. For a local flair, you can't go wrong at The Tin Top Restaurant. For a casual cocktail outside with a nice view of the Bay, Anchor Bar and Grill was fun.

Hope that helps!

Renee
I wish you had posted this about a week ago. We just left the area a couple of days ago after a short stay and your post has some great recommendations I would have taken advantage of.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #13

I would like to 'triple' recommend the TIN TOP restaurant! It's off the beaten path and the food is delicious! Our rallies have always been in April so sitting outside under the 'Tin top' was perfect.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote