Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2016, 05:20 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
specials outlet put on the wrong side, wrong material on chairs, stacker trailer outlet not on the bumper as I thought but inside electric bay...they moved it for me to allow for autoformer installation, found that the green bar for the stacker camera was different from the specials sheet - change by engineering - going to put on GPS screen....after several back and forth they have put the stacker camera on an A/B switch going to the monitor rear camera spot so I pick which rear camera I will see...this was after the build but during the build I saw that the monitor was not the MA upgrade that started the process.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 06:20 AM   #16

I'm interested in the note "MA monitor upgrade"? What is this about please provide a few details. Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Me too.

Actually the whole stacker trailer camera and wiring upgrade and what that entails.

Regards,

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Went ahead and booked my flights today to fly in for build. Flying in 10/19 and out on 10/24 in evening to South Bend and staying at a Hampton Inn in Goshen which seems fairly close. I checked with Newmar again today and everything as of right now is still on schedule:
Chasis build starts 10/17
Main production starts 10/19
Paint starts 10/25
Ship date of 11/11
I'll miss the 1st day of build but hopefully can get someone there to take some pictures and then I should be there for rest of build unless scheduling changes. Looking forward to see start to finish!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:49 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
I'm interested in the note "MA monitor upgrade"? What is this about please provide a few details. Thanks
I race cars and have a stacker trailer (carry the race car on top and Jeep below) with a camera mounted on the rear of the trailer. I saw an option for a stacker trailer in one of the upper coaches so I put it on my specials request. They came back with an 120 VAC plug to plug in a stacker (or other) trailer which I decided to keep anyway and had them fix the specials to get the camera plug....it is mounted opposite of the trailer plug. The specials list showed it with a MA monitor because it allows for 4 camera inputs, but the greenbar had changed it to a Clarion upgrade (Eng said MA monitor won't fit) and I had not read it closely to catch the change. Long story short, I explained how I wouldn't be able to see the gps while using the stacker camera and the factory finally agreed to use an A/B switch and the standard monitor.
So now I have a place to plug in another rear camera like for backing up to connect to a trailer - just found out from another owner that the DS rear camera can not show the trailer hitch due to the camera placement and curve of the rear cap.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Called this morning and found out goes into building 7 on 10/19 and leaves for paint the morning of 10/25. They said though there's a good chance it could even leave for paint on 10/24 in afternoon. Going to look at flights now. Once there where is best place to stay? Ship date is 11/11, counting down the days now!
We will be there on the 24th and 25th, with a meeting with Michele Howard on the 25th. Ordering in Dec.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
We will be there on the 24th and 25th, with a meeting with Michele Howard on the 25th. Ordering in Dec.
Nice, maybe we'll run into each other! I'll be on both tours on the 24th, it will be just myself as my wife has to stay back with our kids in school. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see our coach being built!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Nice, maybe we'll run into each other! I'll be on both tours on the 24th, it will be just myself as my wife has to stay back with our kids in school. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see our coach being built!
That would be great. Maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner and talk about your ordering experience.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
That would be great. Maybe we can get together for lunch or dinner and talk about your ordering experience.
Sounds good, keep me posted and we can meet up.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:18 PM   #24

What can you really see during build?

We are ordering our LA very soon. We have been to the factory twice and taken tours, but we were always disappointed at how little we could see of the coaches on the tours. Our previous experience had been Tiffin where we could climb all over any coach being built or finished except in paint. We are doing factory pick up but would love to ensure all our specials and options are correct prior to completion. However, I'm just not clear how much we'd get to see...we are 13 hrs from Nappanee so not an easy trip. Those that saw their coaches being built, did they let you go onboard during the build process? The time we had someone with us on the tour they had a bay star being built and the tour guide took any pictures, not letting them go onboard. Would like to know others' experiences.
Cclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cclee View Post
We are ordering our LA very soon. We have been to the factory twice and taken tours, but we were always disappointed at how little we could see of the coaches on the tours. Our previous experience had been Tiffin where we could climb all over any coach being built or finished except in paint. We are doing factory pick up but would love to ensure all our specials and options are correct prior to completion. However, I'm just not clear how much we'd get to see...we are 13 hrs from Nappanee so not an easy trip. Those that saw their coaches being built, did they let you go onboard during the build process? The time we had someone with us on the tour they had a bay star being built and the tour guide took any pictures, not letting them go onboard. Would like to know others' experiences.
I've been here since Wednesday last week watching our coach being built. Yes on every tour (2/day) I've been allowed anywhere I want on my coach from 10 minutes to 30 minutes at a time (got lucky one tour I was only person so we went straight to coach for entire "tour"). Everyone from the tour guides to workers have been great! Any questions let me know. I have 1 more day then back home & coach goes off to paint! I will say as others will affirm if you can make it for the build its very worthwhile.