Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 08:14 AM   #1

Best % off MSRP

Hello everyone!

I am looking at buying a 2019 Ventana 4037 in Florida. What is the best % off MSRP I can expect? The offer from the dealer is 26% off. Can I do better?
Benjaminw675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminw675 View Post
Hello everyone!

I am looking at buying a 2019 Ventana 4037 in Florida. What is the best % off MSRP I can expect? The offer from the dealer is 26% off. Can I do better?

First things first: Hi, Ben, and welcome to iRV2. Plenty of opinions and even some good advice will be found here!

My *opinion* is that price is only 1 factor in selecting a seller and that comes with some criteria - how will I get timely warranty service when on the road, because almost every RV dealer puts his/her/their customers at the front of the service line; am I willing to drive the RV back to the factory for service; will my travels distance me from using my dealer for most service?

If you anticipate NEVER seeking service from your selling dealer, then price shop. I personally select dealers that have a reputation for after-sale customer service (compared to the dealers that forget your name the moment the money is received and you drive away) and if that means paying a bit more, I'm good with that.

If a couple of points means you can't afford a particular unit it probably means you can't afford the continuing costs of ownership, either. It may require you to step back and take a more detailed look at your financial situation and choice of coach.

For a new 2019 unit I think you can get a slightly better deal but dealers usually don't have trouble selling nice coaches like Newmar and Tiffin with lesser discounts than some other brands.

Just my 2 cents worth. Do what you think is right for your situation, circumstances, and family. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Welcome to the forum! Good advice offered by Solo_RV_Guy. Price is just one component of a "good deal.'

That said, with the 2020s coming on the market, Newmar should soon be giving their dealers some financial incentives to move out the remaining 2019 units. The problem may be in finding a dealer with the 2019 coach YOU want. If you restrict yourself to a certain dealer (or dealers in a given geographic area), inventory may drive the price.

OTOH, if you are willing to broaden your search and consider dealers out of your immediate area, you may find one that will give you a little better deal. Still, Solo_RV_Guy's advice should be considered regarding after-sale service.

My assessment of the current market is that a 26% discount is not too far off the mark with 26%-28% being about the range I would expect right now. If you are willing to wait a few months until the 2020s are in full inventory...and, if you can still find the 2019 that you want...you might be able to make a slightly better deal.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #4

Check with Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL. Ask for Scott.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #5

Some of the other factors that could affect the percentage off:
Trade in, down payment, financing.
Taken as a whole, you may get to the 28% number. Good Luck!
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #6

I just read an article concerning the pricing of RV's going up due to the new tariffs. So you may want to look at a 2019 year model.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UD18L
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #7

Thank you for kind welcome and good advice!

We are dealing with North Trail RV at the moment which is about 2 hours from home. Nothing seems to be much closer. They have a coach that is almost perfect I think so it is very tempting. How do they stack up with after sale customer service? We are taking a 10 week trip next summer out west so we likely won’t be close to our dealer no matter who we choose.

Winter garden is about the same distance from us though... we are in Delray Beach.

As for the points, the extra cost won’t be an issue but don’t want to pay more than necessary if i can.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #8

I am equidistant from North Trail and Independence. I "shopped" at both and found the sales person I was dealing with at North Trail to be a jerk. I went to Independence and made a deal there. We ordered a new coach, so it's a bit of a different situation. If I were you, I'd take a few minutes and see if Independence has anything of interest on their website and if they do, take a ride there. If not, and you like the floorplan of the one at NT, then I guess they will be the choice. I'd also squeeze them for at least 2/3 additional points.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #9

Just a heads up that nearly every type of vehicle/big ticket seller has monthly quotas to meet. That makes your bargaining power the greatest at the end of the month. But, have your ducks in a row. Personally I would get the deal set up with dealer financing if possible then 3 or 4 days before the end of the month say you just can't bring yourself to pay that much but I could afford to pay (insert target price here). The reason I say to finance it through the dealer is that they make money from the financing and will likely give you a little better deal. You can always pay off the loan early, but watch for early payment penalties. Back in 2008 I bought a F150 and got, I think $2,500 off if I financed it through FMCC for at least 90 days. At about the 92 day mark I paid it off. Just what I'd do. As always YMMV
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased our rig two days after Christmas from a major dealer in Texas , 40% off of msrp .
2019 Fleetwood diesel pusher.
Cash deal , no trade.
They routinely advertise 30% + off of their new rigs.
petewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Thank you for kind welcome and good advice!

We are dealing with North Trail RV at the moment which is about 2 hours from home. Nothing seems to be much closer. They have a coach that is almost perfect I think so it is very tempting. How do they stack up with after sale customer service? We are taking a 10 week trip next summer out west so we likely won’t be close to our dealer no matter who we choose.

Winter garden is about the same distance from us though... we are in Delray Beach.

As for the points, the extra cost won’t be an issue but don’t want to pay more than necessary if i can.

We have purchased 2 Class A Newmar’s from North Trail. They were a pleasure to work with and always treated us fairly. Good service department too. We purchased a 2018 VTDP 4037 last November. Wonderful coach.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #12

Have you had any experience with North Trail’s extended warranty program? I think it is called Easy Care?
Old 07-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
We bought our VTDP from Independence last month. They were easy to work with I did a little better than 26% . I did a factory order so it may not be the same. They made an offer I countered they accepted and the deal was done. No game playing no pressure. At delivery/ PDI they fixed some items on the spot. You can spend the night there if you choose. I made an appointment to get the stuff they needed to order parts for fixed and they repaired other minor stuff we found after our shake down trip as well. l also went to North Trail was not happy with the sales folks so I went else where.

Most important is get the coach you want don't settle for something that's a little cheaper. As long as the price is fair. But there is no harm in trying to squeeze them for 1-3 % more. Its mid summer in Florida not the high season for RV sales and the 2020 are rolling in all be it at a significantly higher price. Good luck.
David Scott was our sales person. Their inventory is online if you see something you like call and get a quote.
Beach Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:27 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Have you had any experience with North Trail’s extended warranty program? I think it is called Easy Care?
do your research most of these are gimmicks we bought one from them thn read th reviews on the warranty company .Wish we read before we purchased the warranty
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote