Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

Best Price for the "Best" RV Wash Kit

I'm thinking it's probably smart not to use the brush wash kit I've used on
previous motorhomes. What I hear is that lambswool should be used in-
stead. I've done some research on the subject, but would appreciate hear-
ing what owners of coaches similar to mine are using. Anyone found a
great price on the "best" RV wash kit, which I assume includes lambswool?
I'd be interested in the extension pole, as well. Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just use the swobbit sheepskin and pole with the EZ Jet water cannon with soap dispenser. I then use the CR Spotless for rinsing. No other way to say it other than it's still a lot of work!
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hugh37,
Wash?
My coach is 10+ years old with 100K miles and never been washed. The outside of the coach is cleaned with Speed Shine® One Gallon, 4-Pack - Griot's Garage and a bunch of terry cloth bath towels. I receive compliments all the time about how the coach looks brand new. I clean the exterior about 4 times a year. The front has a bra on it. So the painted surface is cleaned just before the bra goes on.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #4

Following information gathered here on this forum, I purchased, for my new RV, cleaning supplies from Mary Moppins at www.goclean.com. She has all of the products that you need/want to keep your coach in showroom condition.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:59 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have always been happy with wash supplies from Swobbit - Quality cleaning products for boat and RV maintenance.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X3 on the swobbit. After going thru 4 pads from Mary Robbins I purchased the swobbit at 1/2 the price and it lasts 4x as long!

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4347, Active Air
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
I use the lambs wool and extension pole that Newmar sells at the parts store but you still need to be careful. I would use the two bucket method to rinse your lambs wool in a rinse bucket before dipping it back into the soap bucket. I also use those plastic strainers in the bottom of each 5 gallon bucket so any dirt particles sink to the bottom so you don't pick them up in your lambs wool. Sounds kind of anal but I spent five weeks buffing all of the cob web scratches off the motorhome so I don't want them back on it again. I think the paint/clearcoat also seems a little soft on my motorhome compared to other rv's/cars I have owned. I also use the Spotless deionization system for rinsing to eliminate water spots.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi hugh37,
Wash?
My coach is 10+ years old with 100K miles and never been washed. The outside of the coach is cleaned with Speed Shine® One Gallon, 4-Pack - Griot's Garage and a bunch of terry cloth bath towels. I receive compliments all the time about how the coach looks brand new. I clean the exterior about 4 times a year. The front has a bra on it. So the painted surface is cleaned just before the bra goes on.
Thank you for this link Gary,
I have been using Waterless products for 3-4 years. I find it a whole lot easier than a regular wash and more convenient. I can wash my coach in the garage without any mess and it looks great.
I have been having trouble finding a good product at a decent price. Will give this one a whirl.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #9

Great responses! Waterless? Certainly a method I'll consider. The
Swobbit vs. the lambswool appears a moneysaver and equally does the
job? Again, thanks. hugh37
Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
We have used this with good results: Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies
Old 11-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
I bought their package at the Nashville rally. I've used it twice so far and find the results are very good. I can't believe how little of the wash/wax product is actually used while cleaning our 43' coach. I guestimate maybe $1.50 worth of the concentrate.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I bought the Mary Moppins lambs wool wash pad and pole. When you call her number, she answers the phone and is great to talk to. She told me I could stop by her place in Portland to buy products and they would help me wash my coach while there.

Newmar apparently met with her and they set up the product line that Newmar recommends for their coaches.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on the Aero Cosmetics wash/wax waterless products. They also have the best mop pole and mop combo that I have ever used. It is expensive but it has a unique mechanism to extend out to approx. 9 ft. With little effort and locking point every 6 inches. It has replaced all my other extension poles. The micro fiber mop head is large and 2 sided...one for "wet" use and the other for dry use. It has worked well for me. I will never use a brush on the fiberglass surface of my coach.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
X3 on the swobbit. After going thru 4 pads from Mary Robbins I purchased the swobbit at 1/2 the price and it lasts 4x as long!

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4347, Active Air
X4 on Swobbit. Use the real lambswool, not the synthetic. And, I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Squirt some in the bottom of the bucket, put the hose on it so it foams and suds up real well, slop it on. Recommended by my manufacturer. Works great. Half a bottle usually washes all 42 ft.. Water blade. Done. 1 1/2 hours max.

Be careful if you use any waterless wash. If you have a lot of dirt and grime on the clear coat you can scratch it with the rag when you're wiping it off. You will leave "swirls". Works great if you just have a very light coating of dust/dirt.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote