Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #1

Best RV Wash Ever!

I'm in Gulf Water RV Resort in Aransas Texas, just below Corpus Christi. It is a beutiful new park on the gulf. I called a local mobile RV wash called Port "A"ble Detail, after inquiring if there was a company or service that could wash my coach.
The owner of the company, Miguel arrived as promised with three workers. One guy got onto the roof and worked there for 1 1/2 hours, washing and cleaning every inch including the awning tops, the front over the windshield area and the rear spoiler. The others washed the rest. When it was completely washed and looking great, they squeegied all the windows. Then they dried and polished every inch of the coach. They took every single spot of dirt or bugs off. This went on for nearly three hours. They fully detailed every area from ground to roof. I have never seen the Essex look so good.

Now, the interesting part. The cost was $100 plus you have to pay the park $10 for using the water.

If you are ever in this area I highly recommend these people. There phone number is 361-749-7759.

Peter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Will they come down to Florida for another 100? That is a great price and it sounds like you are happy with the results.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
I'm in Gulf Water RV Resort in Aransas Texas, just below Corpus Christi. It is a beutiful new park on the gulf. I called a local mobile RV wash called Port "A"ble Detail, after inquiring if there was a company or service that could wash my coach.
The owner of the company, Miguel arrived as promised with three workers. One guy got onto the roof and worked there for 1 1/2 hours, washing and cleaning every inch including the awning tops, the front over the windshield area and the rear spoiler. The others washed the rest. When it was completely washed and looking great, they squeegied all the windows. Then they dried and polished every inch of the coach. They took every single spot of dirt or bugs off. This went on for nearly three hours. They fully detailed every area from ground to roof. I have never seen the Essex look so good.

Now, the interesting part. The cost was $100 plus you have to pay the park $10 for using the water.

If you are ever in this area I highly recommend these people. There phone number is 361-749-7759.

Peter
Man I live in Co. Almost makes me want to come down there just to get our rig washed. Wow now thats a deal...
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #4

I don't suppose you checked on a business license, or if they were properly insured/bonded in case someone fell and was injured?
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
I don't suppose you checked on a business license, or if they were properly insured/bonded in case someone fell and was injured?
Nope, but they were recommended by the resort so I assume if it works for them, it works for me.

Peter
Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
WOW have not heard of a price that low for that amount of work since we were in Playa Bonita, Rocky Point, Mexico with some other Newmar owners in 2009

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #7

I'd be glad to take my coach over to ironman's building so they could detail 2 in one location.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #8

Does the resort have rental sites or is it only for those that have purchased sites?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #9

Yes, they have rental sites. Nice park.

Peter
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Man that is a deal - I just paid $500 to get my 42' coach completely detailed here in Houston - good job but expensive. But you have to be careful what kind of wax they use -some will turn white and you cannot get it off. Happy Trails Clarence
CLarence39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #11

Hi! Ok Doc, time to come clean. I thought you told me that you were never going to wax your coach?? What made you come clean??? Regards, Paul
Old 12-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsmania View Post
Hi! Ok Doc, time to come clean. I thought you told me that you were never going to wax your coach?? What made you come clean??? Regards, Paul
And that still stands. They washed and detailed it, no wax involved. I am still no a believer in waxing a fiberglass clear coated coach. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Peter
Old 12-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Come to Ocala Florida, have a young man that did our 35' A roof to tires and wheels wash and wax for $130.00. Coach looked like new when he was finished.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by read & learn View Post
WOW have not heard of a price that low for that amount of work since we were in Playa Bonita, Rocky Point, Mexico with some other Newmar owners in 2009
Same guys - new location
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote