Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Blower in Wet Bay?

We winterized our '11 Ventana (sad day) and the blower/heater came on in the wet bay. It's come on before but I thought only when we had the furnace on. It's always shut off on it's own.

We had the Oasis & genny on yesterday to exercise them and the wet bay door open last night while the ice maker sucked antifreeze. It did get into the mid 20s last night but everything is winterized so no need for the blower but I can't figure out how to turn it off! I don't even know how to turn it on.

Any suggestions?
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
We winterized our '11 Ventana (sad day) and the blower/heater came on in the wet bay. It's come on before but I thought only when we had the furnace on. It's always shut off on it's own.

We had the Oasis & genny on yesterday to exercise them and the wet bay door open last night while the ice maker sucked antifreeze. It did get into the mid 20s last night but everything is winterized so no need for the blower but I can't figure out how to turn it off! I don't even know how to turn it on.

Any suggestions?
Not sure about the newer rigs Karen, but mine has a "Blower Switch" next to the water pump switch on the panel in the wet bay.........Mine, when switched "On" , comes on/off with the furnace.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #3

No blower switch that I can find anywhere. I thought maybe turning the water pump on then off in the wet bay would turn the blower off but nope.

Just checked and it's still blowing. Oasis is off, furnace is off, AC heat is off. No switch that I've seen to turn that blower/heater on or off! I can see it but don't see a switch on it. I'm stumped!
Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Just a wild guess - could it be connected to the Holding Tank Heat Pads? Check if they are switched on - if you even have that feature.

I'm curious as to what the answer is.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The blower works off a zone with a thermal control so the zone needs to be turned off I believe which is controlled by your Comfort Control.
DS Don must have the answer in his Mod section QT's # 3 Oasis for newbies.
Will check it out.
Found answer in PDR Johns Mods as I said the Oasis needs to be off or heater fan is armed so shut off Oasis which is the control. post #12
Good thing you saw it or you would have had a dead battery not sure which battery bank.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #6

Carefree,

I don't think we have heating for the tanks. I've done nothing different this year to winterize.

If it's still running in the morning, I'll call Newmar.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3343261]The blower works off a zone with a thermal control so the zone needs to be turned off I believe which is controlled by your Comfort Control.
DS Don must have the answer in his Mod section [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmar-quick-tips-and-easy-mods-3-a-113631.html
QT's # 3[/URL][/B] Oasis for newbies.
Will check it out.
Found answer in PDR Johns Mods as I said the Oasis needs to be off or heater fan is armed so shut off Oasis which is the control. post #12
Good thing you saw it or you would have had a dead battery not sure which battery bank.
Thanks for looking that up 007 but everything is off! Oasis is turned off, AC heat switch is off, both zones are off and the comfort control is off as well.

I just had this thought... We had the front A/C replaced this summer and it never worked correctly. It wasn't reading the temp inside or outside correctly and either wouldn't come on or wouldn't shut off. We had 2 Camping Worlds look at it and neither could solve it in the time we could spend waiting around so we went north to cooler climes! The Heat Pump part was also affected and not operating correctly.

We finally got it into a local Dometic service center and after I pitched a fit when they said they couldn't find the problem, they contacted Dometic and decided it was the mother board. A new one was installed on Thursday and we picked it up on Friday and winterized. The temps seem to be reading correctly but it was intermittent before so we just don't know if it's really fixed or not.

Does the front A/C unit control the wet bay heater? There is no obvious setting.. nothing says Wet Bay Heater. The blower wasn't on when the Oasis was on and we had the furnace on inside. It came on sometime last night or early this morning and hasn't shut off since. We're plugged in so I'm not worried about the batteries but don't want the fan to run for no reason.

I've thought about firing up the Oasis and letting it heat the bay and see if it shuts off but would think it would come back on once the temp drops.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You need to get to a Newmar dealer or call Newmar and see if they have a Mobil Tech in area.
The AC board does not seem to be programmed correctly and its causing a problem with your fan zone there are dip switch's on board that have to be set correctly.
Plus who ever put in the AC has messed up the zones possibly.
CW has no clue about your Newmar stay away from them.
If you can not get to someone to fix look at control sensor in the wet bay and see if there is a spade clip connection on temp sensor pull it off and that should stop fan.
In the spring get coach to a good Newmar dealer and get fixed.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:19 AM   #9

We were near ABQ in July when the A/C fizzled and the temps were near 110. The CW there was the only ones that could get an A/C that would fit and would work us in and we were desperate. I posted this thread back when we were first dealing with this:

Continued Issues with New Dometic A/C

The place we took it to this time is Stinnett in Clarksville, IN. They used to be a Newmar dealer but cut back in '08 and dropped Newmar. They do a lot of work on all types of RVs and only about an hour from us.

Believe me, CW would not have been my first choice to work on it but desperate people do desperate things!
Old 11-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thought the "Blower" in the wet bay WAS the furnace.

Modern RV's often have "Heated tanks" now this can be done one of two or three ways

Some tanks, often after market, they have a heat tape "Film" they peal and stick onto the tank, this is basically an electric heater.

Most they simply have one Furnace Vent in the wet bay.. If you open the door when the furnace is running, you will feel it.

You could, of course, also install a small electric space heater (Done that when needed) but I know of no company doing it factory.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Our DSDP 4018 has both, the heat pads for the gray and black tanks and the "Blower" for the wet bay where the fresh water tank is located.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Karen still recommend a good Newmar dealer that's still working with Newmar or the factory to get your coach straighten out plus they should check the seals under the AC for proper installation. ---- Not sure which control you have.