Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the post and experiences. I have a BB about 45 minutes from me and was thinking of trying this once. Sounds like a good option especially during the colder months.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
I have a piece of foil covered bubble wrap that is cut to the size of my fridge vent and I stick it behind the panel before entering their wash bay.
Your cut to fit bubble wrap is completely encased in aluminum foil? Do you have to squish it in when adding the outside panel? Has this completely eliminated water entry via the fridge vent? Thanks!
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
I Travel though B -Beacon's 15 to 20 times a year --Never a problem yet ! Very courteous and always ask what I need !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #18

Blue Beacon Truck & RV Wash

Some BBs have wipe down service for a small fee. They do a good job and I tip accordingly.
The awning and slide toppers will drip a while, but water spots only show until the next heavy wind in AZ.
They ain't hurt my old bird.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid_dk View Post
Your cut to fit bubble wrap is completely encased in aluminum foil? Do you have to squish it in when adding the outside panel? Has this completely eliminated water entry via the fridge vent? Thanks!
My insert is cut to the same size as the fridge access cover. All that is needed is coverage of the vent whole area to stop the pressure spray from hitting the electrical components. I just pop it out after the wash when I do a walk-around inspection before leaving their lot.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #20

I just received the following reply from Blue Beacon in reply to an email to them inquiring about washing a RV roof.

(Ouote):
Thank you for contacting us concerning washing your RV. I’m sorry, but we do not wash the roofs of vehicles, trailers, or motorhomes. We spray what we can from a standing position using a long wash wand. At the end of the wash, we use our overhead rinse to rinse the roof. I’ve included information about a few other RV details that we are frequently asked and a screen shot of additional RV wash information from our website.

• Our employees use long wash wands to spray warm soapy water on the vehicle. We do have soft-bristled brushes the employee can use to brush areas that need it. Brushing is not part of our normal wash process, but please do not hesitate to ask for it if you want it.

• We offer hand-drying at a few specific locations in the Southwest. Casa Grande, AZ - Eloy East, AZ - Phoenix, AZ - Barstow, CA

• We do not open or wash the sides of sliders, or allow rigs to be opened up once they are inside of our facilities. We wash each vehicle or trailer just as it is when it enters our wash bay.

• If you have a tow vehicle and want it washed, it is an additional charge. If you do not want it washed, we will only wash your camper trailer and then rinse any overspray from your towed vehicle.

• We operate on a first come, first served basis, and customers are required to stay with their vehicles while they are being washed. We operate similar to a "quick-lube oil change" facility. Customers wait in our customer lounge, which has a window where they can watch their vehicle being washed. We are open 24/7.

Thank you for considering Blue Beacon for your RV washing needs. If we can be of further assistance, please just let us know.

Sincerely,

Sheila
Blue Beacon Customer Service
(End of quote)

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #21

Blue Beacon Truck & RV Wash

Mel, thanks a million for following through with the call to BB. From all the
discussion appears we can expect like service from all the locations...fortu-
nately, I have one across the highway from my dealer/service center. Plan