Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2007, 08:11 AM   #43
Administrator Emeritus

In addition to the finicky entry keypad I've developed an issue with the #4 sensor for the HVAC. When I came in the coach it was a bit warm back there and when I went to check the temp,the sensor read 58 degrees...Obviously I didn't think the AC would come on but I turned it on anyway and as soon as I did, the sensor read the temp as 110....YIKES!!

We did move the #1 sensor from underneath the front side window curtain area, to the outside of that same wall and it works much better..
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #44
Administrator Emeritus

Here is the area over the passenger seat...note the 6" hole they cut in the sub-ceiling?
This entire area is covered by an upholstered panel which has been removed.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #45
Administrator Emeritus

Another days worth of work on the coach and another days worth of finding several more issues...This will be the second time I've had to have those closet "catches" replaced as I broke another one off last night...Jason says that since there is a bit of "wiggle" in the track which allows the door to float fore and aft a bit,the catches are subject to break off.
I also had found an issue with the Direct TV as well as needing to the #4 sensor replaced.
They worked some more on the rear slide,trying to find the cause of the air seal pushing the slide in a bit.
Seems the issue with the roof leak has been traced to the drip pan for the #1 AC unit,they still need to square root that one some though.

Spent 5 hours this afternoon at Dan's Hitch and RV Repair and ended up having to bring one of their vehicles back to Nappanee for the night.
They were still having an issue with bleed over with regard to the lights....
I'll go back to Elkhart in the morning and pick up the truck and then take it to the dealer for the running board install...

Adrienne and I visited with Irv and Vicky Kaufman this evening at their home, looks like I'll be back here in Nappanee around September to have the computer desk/dinette installed.

Adrienne met Dick Parks today at the Kountry Klub...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I also had found an issue with the Direct TV as well as needing to the #4 sensor replaced.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,
Would you be willing to explain this a little more. I may be experiencing a similar issue.
Thanks.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 AM   #47
Administrator Emeritus

Terry, the easiest way to describe the issue is that the color sort of goes green or grayscale after a time and the guide is green instead of bright blue....Resetting the H10 receiver seems to solve it for a time but not forever.
I'll let you know what we find, as Jason has been in touch with Directv.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #48

Hi Bob,
First of all, sorry to hear that your still at Camp Newmar.
I was glad we finally met and was nice to put a face to the forum. I also met 007 in the parking lot next to Louise's office.
My problem went great !!!! I was there to have a cracked kitchen cabinet replaced, but one of their great craftsmen used polomer(sp) to fill and seal the crack.
It looks graet and I was out of there in 5 hours instead of the orginal 3 days we thought.
Take care hope to catch you down to the road DAVE
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #49

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the color sort of goes green or grayscale after a time and the guide is green instead of bright blue.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! Is that happening on both recievers?? I know that you have a fan in your electronics cabinet, but it sounds like a heat problem with your receiver. Paul
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #50
Administrator Emeritus

That's what I was thinking as well Paul...

As far as a coach update, what we thought was one roof leak turned into two as they'd found the stained ceiling above the passenger seat as well. That stain ended up being caused by a hairline crack in the roof where the front cap and the roof edge come together. They've fixed it for now,but really want to take the forward door side awning off,fix the crack properly, take it to paint and then reinstall the awning.
As it looks like my desk/dinette will be ready in September, I'll probably wait til then to have the roof issue addressed as well.
Jason and I will talk more about this tomorrow..

The leak in the slideout roof was attributed to the upper edges of the slide out needing to be properly sealed...The techs went around to the other three slides and addressed them as well.

Techs used a pressure test machine to find the leaks....I'd seen that done once before in Forest City at Winnebago and it was really neat.

New Z2 install went awry as the Z2 I received from Soundtronics in Wilmington,NC had a bad screen....Soundtronics is overnighting another unit and agreed to eat the second ship cost.

Dan's Hitch and RV Repair in Elkhart found a bad ground connection on my pigtail was the cause of all the problems and they got the tow bar/electric install finished up this morning...
Removeable tabs on the tow bar really make it look nice....
Old 07-31-2007, 12:49 PM   #51
Administrator Emeritus

Lo and behold we meet again....

Those of you that followed the saga of my "old" Essex will recognize this coach number...

Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #52

Bob

The new truck looks great. I think it makes a lot more sense for you to go this route than to try and haul the Harley and Hummer in a stacker type trailer. Are you planning on trying to find a topper for the pickup bed so that the bike will stay clean while you're towing? I've seen some that are "sloped" up from the cab towards the back that would probably be high enough to go over the top of the Ultra. If necessary, you could probably find a way to do a quick detach on the windshield. It would certainly save a lot of cleaning time for you.

Anyway, I think the new truck is an excellent way for you to go. Even if you can't haul the bike and the golf cart, you'll find maneuvering around a campground will be a lot easier than with a stacker.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #53
Administrator Emeritus

Jack,
Dav5492 recommended this cover and after talking to the owner of the company,there's going to be one waiting for me when I get to Florida...

I would consider some sort of truck "camper shell" arrangement however...

Something that may matter is the tailgate CAN NOT be in place when the lift is in use or even in the bed unloaded as the cylinder attaches to the pivot points for the tall gate.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #54

Bob

I seem to remember seeing a topper that was hinged at the front top edge, and the back top edge. It opened up kind of like a gull wing door, except the pivot point (hinge) was at the front. Once the bike is in place and tied down, you just lower the top down where it mates with the side walls of the shell. The rear section doesn't require a tailgate, and is kept in place to the sides of the shell / topper. The cover you've shown in the picture should also keep the bike clean, but it seems like a lot of extra work if there is a shell / topper out there that would work for you. I seem to recall you make the trek to Sturgis every year for "trailer week" . That would certainly be a great place to do some looking around at what other people are doing.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #55
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Jack....this actually would've been my first Sturgis Rally, but given the decision to take the kids to the Newmar International in Gillette I backed out of the Sturgis Rally.

Can't wait to get to Florida and get to work on cleaning out the compartments and then the rear closet...I've just not had time to work on the compartments and they're a mess!

The closet could stand another going through and invoking my favorite "have I worn it lately" rule...
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The closet could stand another going through and invoking my favorite "have I worn it lately" rule...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...well that is one statement that can confirm that you are NOT a woman!!! (and I can say that...cuz I am)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote