Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #1

Brake/turn lights 08 KSDP 4528

Still looking for brake lights, turn lights and flasher lights on our 08 MADP 4528. It's a K2 chassis, it was all working fine but near the end of our last trip these lights just stopped working.

I had thought it was related to the stupid "smart Wheel", but some people in older posts here told me how to reset the SW controller, and now all that stuff works. Great, but no turn signals, brake lights, etc.

Some older posts say to look for the fuse box on the chassis rail inside the second bay forward of the axle. The box is there, but the fuses all seem OK.

So the question is: can anyone tell me where to find the flasher relay for those lights? If I can find that, I may be able to figure out how to get power to those lights. The center rear brake light works fine, so it's not the brake pedal switch.

I'm brain dead tonight; I posted the subject line as a KSDP. No, no, no! It's a Mountain Aire, not a Kountry Star. Sorry about that.

Any other (good) thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #2

Well, I found it!

I am astounded and disappointed in Spartan because they did not know about this, but the answer is that the brake lights will not work unless the air brake pressure is high enough for the brakes themselves to work. The Spartan CS person told us that the problem had to be in the brake pedal switch.

No, the switch works; I found that out when I proved that the cruise control fast idle would disengage when I stepped on the brake pedal and the fast idle dropped out. I had been trouble shooting the problem in the yard without the engine running. No engine, no pressure, no lights.

Now it all works.

Now I get to try to put all this stuff back together. That'll be fun, but at least the problem is solved.

Anyway, that's the answer.

Tom

Tags
brake, light, lights