Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Broken N in Newmar

I was washing the coach yesterday and noticed the front cap Newmar logo has the bottom broken off the N. it's on a 2015 DSDP and is the typical wavy Newmar sign with the letters in between. The letters are stuck directly to the coach between the waves and could easily be replaced without replacing the entire logo.

My first call was to Newmar parts. They don't sell just the letters and the quote for the complete logo is about $100. Unfortunately, Newmar wouldn't tell me who the vendor is so I could see if they would sell me just one letter.

I probably have to spend the $100 bucks to get the single letter I need because I can't find a close enough size/font online.

Before I give in, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had this issue and if they found just the letter they needed.

TIA - Phil
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The better fix is just to remove it. I took the front and rear one off in the first week. They're plastic/vinyl and over the years, they'll just get worse looking. I remove all the superfluous decals on the exterior. The only one I left was the DUTCH STAR on the side.

Spray WD40 along the top of the decal and start working it off with a plastic putty knife. If you keep it soaked in WD40, you won't scratch the paint. Once off, clean up the paint with more WD40 or some Oops. Then wax.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, Don, that's exactly what I'm going to do!
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 PM   #4

I highly recommend 50lb test fishing line for emblem removal if you want to salvage the remaining letters for possible future use. WD40 works good, and a heat gun will make pretty easy work of removing any leftover residue.
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

I notice parts of my 450 HP lettering on the rear is coming off in pieces and thought I'd see if Newmar parts will sell me new lettering for either 500 HP, or 600 HP (which ever is above 500). Ought to be a good conversation piece in campgrounds.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #6

If needed talk to a Salvage yard.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #7

Broken N in Newmar

Pretty stupid to lose free advertising. My "N" on the back fell off right after delivery. They replaced the "N".

If you find a source for the N, see if they have a couple of S's, a U, C, and K [emoji16]
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #8

I just can't stand it any more! Somebody's gotta say it!

That logo isn't getting old.... it's just getting broken in.

Let the beatings commence.

On a more serious note (and just about anything would meet that qualification), you could probably go to a local sign shop that does vehicle wraps and they could print and cut a new 'N' for just a few dollars.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzGoldDigger View Post
Pretty stupid to lose free advertising. My "N" on the back fell off right after delivery. They replaced the "N".

If you find a source for the N, see if they have a couple of S's, a U, C, and K [emoji16]
Too funny
Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Monaco use to have a nice circular logo on the front and rear cap. It ws about 8" in diameter and chrome. It wasn't as obtrusive as the Newmar logo. They too sold for about $75.00. One day a guy was on Ebay and found them for $20.00 each. A bunch of us bought several of them and kept them as spares.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #11
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
The better fix is just to remove it. I took the front and rear one off in the first week. They're plastic/vinyl and over the years, they'll just get worse looking. I remove all the superfluous decals on the exterior. The only one I left was the DUTCH STAR on the side.

Spray WD40 along the top of the decal and start working it off with a plastic putty knife. If you keep it soaked in WD40, you won't scratch the paint. Once off, clean up the paint with more WD40 or some Oops. Then wax.
I've been thinking of taking mine off too when I purchase. Will probably wait the six months after purchase for the clearcoat and paint to cure. The fishing line mentioned in this blog is a good idea too.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar