Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bug removal

Need advice on what to use to remove bugs from the windshield and front end of our coach. We have the 3M film on the painted surfaces and (not sure, but maybe the windshield too).

I read a thread extolling the virtues of Rejex and the ease of removing bugs after application or Rejex. Can Rejex be used to remove the bugs?

Long story why we have not waxed the front end yet; has to due with collision with a deer and several months of body repair to our new rig one week after purchase from the dealer. Told to leave the paint alone for six months, etc. Anyway, we need to get some stubborn bugs off the front end/windshield.....any suggestions?
Latrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Bugs n stuff on Amazon. Will not harm finish and works well.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

Sorry, Bugs n All is the correct name.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #4

Hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle desolves bugs.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
Rejex would be used when the front end is clean. The belief by many is the bugs then come off easier.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #6

Griots Garage Bug and Smudge. Then Rejex. I put Rejex on the front of new coach during factory pickup. Some warm water and they come right off. Did Rejex to the entire front end, windshield and mirrors. Bugs are easy and in the rain the wate runs off the windshield like Rain-X.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #7

Damp drier sheets
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #8

I use moistened dryer sheets on my windshield. Bugs melt off. Follow up with any window cleaner you'd like.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
So is it the abrasive in the dryer sheets that help with bug removal? Do you first wet the windshield, then scrub with the damp dryer sheets? Could you wrap the dryer sheet around a brush with a pole?
Thanks
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The key is to get wax on that front panel.

Then use a "Spray detailer" to wipe the bugs off, the sooner the better after you stop.

I use Rejex and it works as designed and is worth the accolades people give it.

Griot's Garage has a detailer named, "Speed Shine". I used it for years on a corvette, I think another brand detailer would be just as good such as Meguiar's.

g
Old 07-15-2017, 04:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
So is it the abrasive in the dryer sheets that help with bug removal? Do you first wet the windshield, then scrub with the damp dryer sheets? Could you wrap the dryer sheet around a brush with a pole?
Thanks

I just dampen standard, non-abrasive dryer sheets (bulk Sams club brand) in a bucket of water, climb up on a ladder and wipe. I'll end up using 5-6 of them on my DSDP. They leave a haze on windshield, and therefore I follow up with a damp towel wiping off the haze. Then I use Sams club window cleaner and paper towel. Dryer sheet on a pole? Interesting idea...
Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
The single best thing I found is the Norwex Cloth, just wet it, ring it out and wipe the bug's off.........bought them on ebay.
If you do a search on here, you will find reading on them..........amazing.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Guy at car wash said bugs stick because of acid in their bodies. The stuff they use to get bugs of he called "bug juice" said it neutralizes the acid. I put some baking soda in a bucket of water and was surprised at how well it worked. Used soft bristled brush that I use when washing MH. Cheap and it works.
whmprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 AM   #14

The real trick to an absolutely clean and clear windshield is steel wool. My best friend who's been a professional detailer for over 35 years taught me a great way to get absolutely clean glass and chrome. He came over one day when I was trying to get the windshield of my Jeep clean, and not having much luck. After laughing at me for a while he finally told me about the steel wool.

Clean the glass with water and a squeegee, allow to dry. Use a 0000 steel wool pad and begin gently cleaning the glass, it does not require hard pressure. When you're done there are no streaks anywhere!

You can do the same thing with chrome and stainless wheel simulators. Don't use on aluminum, it's to soft and will scratch, the exception being you can use the steel wool to remove corrosion, but then you need to use aluminum wheel polish.

I've been using steel wool on my windshield for several years now and wish I had known about it sooner!
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal