Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Buy new MADP or Tiffin 45LP

7-28-15 can buy a 2015 new mountain air vs 2015 Tiffin 45LP bus $100,000 difference is the Mountain Aire worth $100,000 more? Both new!
Birddog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's almost impossible for anyone but you to answer since we don't know how you are going to use it, your finances and what you think of each unit.
We've had two Newmars and should have bought a third rather than the Magna. But we'd have had to buy a King Aire to match the Magna's quality and equipment.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #3

New is great, if one can afford it. But you still lose all that money in depreciation. I don't know who likes doing that! 😜 I can't afford new, but I really have very few complaints on my 96 Intrigue. Inside is perfect, engine isn't even broke in yet, and I only paid around 15% of the cost, compared too new. 😜

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:37 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I didn't see a similar post on the Tiffin pages. I will remain interested in the maybe one sided responses...
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #5

My last coach was a 2005 Tiffin Allegro Bus, which I bought new...when I replaced it in 2014 I did so with a 2014 Newmar MA, if you have any specific questions you can send e a PM or email and I will try to answer them.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Why don't you try comparing a Dutch Star to the Allegro Bus? They are much more similar than a Mountain Aire and a Bus. A Tiffin Zephyr and a Mountain Aire are more similat.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
New is great, if one can afford it. But you still lose all that money in depreciation. I don't know who likes doing that! �� I can't afford new, but I really have very few complaints on my 96 Intrigue. Inside is perfect, engine isn't even broke in yet, and I only paid around 15% of the cost, compared too new. ��

1996 Country Coach Intrigue ��
\

Not sure how this is helping the op out. Some like to buy new. There's a whole lot of difference between a 96 vs 2016 coach.

As for which one, there both really nice coaches. For us it would probably come down to the floorplan that best meet our wants and needs in a new coach.

Really can't see you going wrong with either one.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Interested to see where this goes as well. I am happy with my Tiffin and the way that it is screwed together, but always seem to find myself looking that the Newmars at the shows. I do like the kitchen on the driver's side in the 45LP. I'd prefer the freightliner chassis (more serviceability down the road) and the comfort drive, but I cannot say that those items plus the relatively small increase in quality of the Newmar is worth 36,000 gallons of diesel fuel.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbg II View Post
I didn't see a similar post on the Tiffin pages. I will remain interested in the maybe one sided responses...
By forum rules, we are not supposed to make "duplicate" posts on alternative forums. I do agree that the answers here may be a little one-sided, so perhaps moving this thread to the Class A forum is in order.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #10

The Mountain Aire wil have 500 HP ISX and 4000 Trans which is far better drive line then the Tiffin. Better build and higher resale also with the Newmar. Do you want to go to Red Bay often?
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #11

In my experience Newmars quality is superior to Tiffin. Also as posted above the MA has a bigger powerplant and transmission. I think its a no brainer
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As previously mentioned, comparing the Dutch Star to the Allegro Bus is a better comparison and then the price difference wouldn't be as glaring between the two.

I just went through that DS/Allegro Bus comparison and decided on Newmar for the following reasons:

1) Quality Reputation
2) Comfort Drive (LOVE IT!)
3) Being able to customize it (even outside paint colors)
4) Interactions with my Newmar Dealer
5) Interactions with Newmar corp.
6) Full wall slide

7) Not applicable to you: tag axle on a 40ft.

-Tom
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #13

Birddog- you can't compare a Tiffin Allegro Bus to a Newmar Mountain Aire $$$$$$ & F&B wise- it's like Apples to Oranges- A Tiffin Allegro Bus should be compared to a Newmar Dutch Star & a Newmar Mountain Aire to a Tiffin Zepher. Similarly equipped they will be close price point wise. You can see what I chose!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
The Mountain Aire wil have 500 HP ISX and 4000 Trans which is far better drive line then the Tiffin. Better build and higher resale also with the Newmar. Do you want to go to Red Bay often?
I agree the duch star has moved up into allegro bus territory, while the mountain aire is more along the zepher line comparing apples and oranges. If you compare equal coaches the price will be much closer. We had an allegro bus drove great but the build methods tiffin uses leaves something to consider we did and bought an entegra.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin