Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Yesterday I spent all day washing and waxing my 40ft MH. And I did a terrible job. I finished last night at 10 PM. I'm getting the smallest damned DP available. Is there a 15 footer?

Neal, next time use your credit card, takes no time at all, and it looks great

Zzotte
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:59 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
If there was someone I could pay to do it, I would. Have done so twice. Just hard to find as they are typically around site owned CG's.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Very happy with Wash/Wax All. Really love it on the windshield.

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
Very happy with Wash/Wax All. Really love it on the windshield.

Walt
Ditto...just finished my coach.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Kinda funny, we are going through the same revelations at the same time. I used a DI system and a foam canon on my MH. No drying right? The best. My coach is now 5 years old and had some scratches. My truck picked up a scratch at a campground so I ordered Meguiars DA Microfiber correction system starter kit. It was awesome. Took out the scratches on both vehicles. I also ordered Mequiars clean wax #6. I already had a white foam pad from Chemical Guys. I used the 16oz bottle and the pad is toast. It took me a couple days for the waxing. Black Fire Wet Diamond was recommended to me by the previous owner. I also picked up 4 black foam pads(Hex Logic) from Chemical Guys for the next time(fall). I also picked the scaffolding from Northern. It worked great. I had one section set up for 6’ and one for 3’. The 6’ was enough to get the Girards. I did have to go on the roof for the front cap top. Anxious to to my truck now. I have not waxed anything in 20 years. The Porta Cable DA buffer made the difference I think.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
I have a very small washer/dryer/waxer/polisher that gets the job done quickly with very little effort. It is only 2x3 inches in size, and quite thin; made by VISA.

Here's a possibility, Neal, if you don' mind going retro.

https://www.amazon.com/Condor-White-...s%2C219&sr=8-3

TJ

What Tranquil Jim said!! The owners where I store also have a car wash out front. $5’ for wash, $10’ wash and wax. I put the Rejex on the windshield after they’re done. [emoji106][emoji16]
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Yesterday I spent all day washing and waxing my 40ft MH. And I did a terrible job. I finished last night at 10 PM. I'm getting the smallest damned DP available. Is there a 15 footer?
Close. The Vixen is about 19’. They were made from 1986-89. Powered by a BMW diesel that gets 30mpg. Less than 600 were made. A decent one can be found for about $25K. They fit in a standard garage and could probably be taken through a drive through car wash.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:33 AM   #22

Neal, good for you!

One day to wash and wax, um, not happening even on my much smaller coach (so that thought of a smaller coach probably isn’t going to do you much good ; I figure a 40’er would take me about 20% more time). But, to do it over several days you do need some sort of protected storage or some perfect weather with no rain, no humidity / morning dew, etc.

It took me 3 days a few weeks ago, 1 day to wash with my wife helping, day 2 was doing all the work required to apply a ceramic coating on the bay doors (just did a second coat yesterday) and day 3 was applying a sealant and some spot polishing where appropriate on the rest of the coach which was a very long day, I normally would have split it up and taken another day except that was the end of my weather window.

While I have never used Rejex, I have found that trying to work within the cure / set time as stated for the product is best for removal; if it says let it set up for 10-30 minutes, don’t let it sit on the paint for an hour before you start to remove it as it’s (usually) going to be much harder to remove, so work in sections; apply wax / sealant for 20 or 30 minutes, then go back and remove it. It’s also a bit of a break on your body to change it up. You also need plenty of wax removal cloths, because you’ll just start smearing wax back onto the paint otherwise; I probably use 8-10. YMMV.

A light polish on a medium pad should take care if any water spots, and of course you’ll have to apply Rejex where you polished.

BTW, I learned a long time ago never to take a car to a show right after you’ve waxed it, because no matter what, you’ll leave some streaking or haze somewhere, so it really takes one good wash after a wax to get the paint at its best (so, I guess it’s time for you to wash it again in a couple days once you recover )

Don’t give up!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #23

Two days ago I spent 5 hours just washing mine. I do the roof first of course but when I get back on the ground I do a section at a time and then dry as I go so it takes a little more time. Also wiped down my wheels, 303 treatment on the front, rain-x the windshield, and chrome polished mirrors and pipes.

I don't know if there would be enough hours in the day for me to wash and wax in one day.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FLJOE-do you put 303 on your front cap, on the Diamond Shield? I was wondering how to treat that. I did wax it this time.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #25

I have the Aero wash/wax all kit with the triangular head, wet/dry pads, etc. it worked ok; I had some streaks as others have said, but it may well have been my technique and/or High surface temps.

I found that by soaking the wet pad then spraying with the wash wax all, it does much better. Places I can reach by hand with microfiber towels always work well.

I also switched to Optimum Opti-clean concentrate. It does a superb job. I typically do one side on any given day. I like this stuff so much, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to washing and waxing—even on our cars.

Optimum 20475 Opti-Clean 4X Concentrate 128. Fluid_Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GG9FCKW..._qV5SCbZ8M9MSN
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
LeslieGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
X2 ... money well spent, in my book.

Agree! We are fortunate to have a local yacht and airplane detailer who also does RVs. When he is through the finish is like a mirror. Not cheap, but definitely worth every penny.
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
After just washing/waxing this land yacht I've now endured major storms and enough pollen to feed a village. My coach is a disaster just days later. I will never wash it again.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #28

Quote:
After just washing/waxing this land yacht I've now endured major storms and enough pollen to feed a village. My coach is a disaster just days later. I will never wash it again.
Might try one of these - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Californi...iABEgKPFvD_BwE - but might be a good idea to wait till after Memorial Day
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying